Utah JazzSalt Lake City, UT
This was removed by the employer on 4/10/2023 4:26:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Sports Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Creative Copywriter jobs in Salt Lake City-UT
Search all Creative Copywriter postings
Full Time Job
The Utah Jazz is looking for a full time creative writer and copywriter. This position will support the Jazz organization with a strong emphasis on marketing creative copy and related materials. This person must be collaborative, communicative, and proactive in their approach to improve the quality of written content across the organization. This position will be responsible for both writing and editing marketing copy to ensure the highest quality of grammar, flow, and accuracy. Creative writing will also be a key aspect of this position as the Jazz use compelling storytelling to grow its brand and engage its fanbase. This position will report to the Sr. Director of Creative Services.
*APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO ATTACH A PORTFOLIO OR WRITING SAMPLE*
*All full-time and part-time employees of the Utah Jazz are required to be fully vaccinated (fully vaccinated is defined as two weeks after your final dose). Mandatory vaccinations support our commitment to making our workplace and public facilities as safe and welcoming as possible. Reasonable accommodations will be made for individuals who are not able to get the vaccine due to qualifying medical, religious, or personal reasons.*
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work with marketing leadership to support overarching brand goals through creative writing and copywriting.
• Create meaningful and effective campaigns for all mediums: print, digital, email, video, experience, etc.
• Write strategic and meaningful headlines, scripts, and copy with a keen awareness of the intended audience.
• Support the partnerships team by writing engaging and persuasive scripts, VOs, and stories for commercial shoots and related sponsored assets. Assist in the development of strategic presentations to sell innovative ideas and move key brand initiatives forward.
• Lead the creation and proofreading of marketing materials to ensure the highest quality standard of writing. Create persuasive scripts, anthems, mantras, and other related written materials for annual marketing campaigns.
• Thoroughly revise and edit copy for all mediums by providing proper grammar, spell checking, and writing conventions.
• Develop and maintain a copywriting handbook, which includes general grammar guidelines for the marketing team to reference.
• Collaborate with the Communications team on various writing projects.
• Manage projects through to delivery with little oversight.
• Engage with the full marketing team to share research & new ideas.
• Other duties as assigned
• Collaborates- Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
• Communicates effectively- Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
• Strategic mindset- Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
• Action oriented- Taking on new opportunities and rough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
• Manages ambiguity- Operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear.
• Bachelor's degree in Communications, Broadcasting, Marketing, or related field
• Minimum of three years experience in communications and/or marketing
• Outstanding written and verbal communications skills; ability to produce a wide range of excellently crafted, creative, and compelling materials and content
• Proven skills in copywriting, copyediting, and proofreading
• High level of passion for marketing, storytelling, collaboration, and team building
• Strong project management and interpersonal skills; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Proactive, conceptual, strategic, and creative thinker, stimulated by challenges and open-minded with a strong desire to learn
• Ability to work well under pressure and effectively handle multiple, concurrent demands and appropriately prioritize responsibilities
• Must work well in a team environment
• Able to work a flexible schedule when required, including evenings and weekends
• Strategic thinking and ability to develop, drive and sell ideas.
• Be open to creative feedback
• Detail oriented, and capable of executing quickly under tight deadlines
• Knowledge of basketball and the NBA is a plus
• This person must be able to communicate and express themselves both written and verbally.
• This person must be able to observe, inspect, estimate and assess.
• This person must be able to sit, stand, bend, walk, and climb stairs for long periods of time.
• This person must be able to lift 20 lbs.
The Utah Jazz provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Note: The need may arise to revise, supplement, or rescind portions of this job description, and Utah Jazz reserves the right to do so at any time. Employees shall be required to meet the qualifications and perform the duties of any revised job description.