Audio-Visual Technical Support
USC School of Cinematic ArtsLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
USC's School of Cinematic Arts is seeking a Computer Services Consultant II-Audio Visual Support to join its Technical Support team in Creative Technology. The School of Cinematic Arts is the premiere school for the study of cinematic arts and provides instruction in production, post-production, animation, interactivity and gaming, writing, producing, and cinema studies. The facilities include state-of-the-art editing labs, animation labs, visual effects labs, interactive studios, scoring and mixing stages, film stages, and theatres, including a 55-seat IMAX theatre.
The Computer Services Consultant II will be a member of the team responsible for end-user support and equipment maintenance of all audio-visual equipment, computers, and software used in the school's instructional spaces.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience supporting audio visual installations in areas such as classrooms, theaters, and conference rooms. The role requires a strong working knowledge of A/V equipment and control systems, such as AMX. The candidate should possess excellent technical troubleshooting and customer service skills and have experience supporting both Mac and Windows computers. A passion for the field and a willingness to learn new technology is essential. A skill set in supporting end-users and advanced technology in the entertainment industry (production, post-production, visual effects, animation, gaming, and interactive media) is a plus.
• Provide Tier 1 and Tier 2 technical support for audio-visual equipment used in classrooms, labs, theatres, and specialized spaces.
• Installation of and support for control systems such as AMX.
• Lead deployment, maintenance, upgrades, and inventory of audio-visual equipment, and assist with computers and peripherals.
• Maintain calibration schedule for all audio-visual equipment.
• Support on-site events and meetings.
• Create procedures and documentation and provide technical training for students, faculty, and staff.
• Serve as power user and subject-matter expert in the following areas:
o Audio-Visual support including cinema projectors, A/V racks, conference rooms, AMX/Crestron control systems.
o Troubleshooting, calibrating, and optimizing A/V systems. Experienced with A/V switching and control, A/V signals, racks, and cabling.
o Color management and color calibration for theaters and classroom projection.
Preferred Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in computer science, engineering, information technology or entertainment technology fields
• 5-10 years' experience in a technical support role in an advanced Audio-visual environment
• Proficiency in two of the following areas:
o Audio-visual hardware and software used in the entertainment industry
o Mac user support
o Post-production and editing
o Software programming and scripting
o Animation and Visual Effects
o Advanced entertainment and gaming technologies
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities.