Spring Intern - Retail & Supply Chain Management
Usa BaseballDurham, NC
Part Time Paid Internship
Intern #1: Start Date: March 16 (March 16-May 15 (Part-time), May 16- August 16 (40 hours), August 17- September 30 (Part-Time). Working in both our Fulfillment Center and Team Store
Intern #2: April 1- May 15 (April 1-May 15 (Part-time), May 16- August 16 (40 hours), August 17- September 30 (Part-Time). Working in both our Fulfillment Center and Team Store
Intern #3 and #4: April 1- May 15 (April 1 -May 15 (Part-time), May 16- August 16 (40 hours), August 17- August 28 (Part-Time). Working with our East Champs
*These are paid position.
*USA Baseball has four positions available.
Position Reports To: Megan Kane, Director, Retail Operations; Carrington Austin, Senior Director, and Tayler Gainer, Assistant Director Retail
Position Background: The USA Baseball retail department manages and oversees the brand's official online shop, www.USABaseballShop.com, the USA Baseball Team Store located at the National Training Complex in Cary, N.C., and satellite stores at various USA Baseball events throughout the year. In August 2012, the retail department brought all of its e-commerce in-house and launched the initial USA Baseball Official Online Store.
• Oversee inventory, shipping and tracking of officially licensed merchandise for the USA Baseball 14U, 15U, 16U & 17U National Team Championships, 12U National Open and other various events.
• Potentially travel to a USA Baseball event in various parts of the country to oversee event merchandising.
• Manage the processing and fulfillment of e-commerce orders submitted via www.usabaseballshop.com.
• Provide customer service for USA Baseball's eCommerce customers through a variety of communication channels including the telephone, email, text and web-based forms.
• On-going maintenance of www.usabaseballshop.com, including but not limited to updating item descriptions, product photographs and inventory management.
• Assistance in developing the organization's eCommerce calendar of events and creating special events around key dates.
• Manage the USA Baseball Team Store throughout the summer, including monitoring merchandise inventory.
• Fulfillment of trading card and event photo orders from various USA Baseball events throughout the year.
• Support the Director, Retail Operations, and complete any administrative duties, including social media updates, as necessary.
• Assist in the operation of additional USA Baseball events, National Team programming and other departments within USA Baseball (alumni relations, operations, travel services, etc.) with various tasks as necessary.
• Minimum of one year of retail experience
• Flexible schedule and weekend availability for all USA Baseball events taking place at the National Training Complex in Cary, NC
• Must be available to travel to Arizona, Florida or California during June and July if needed
• Professional communication skills, both in person and via phone, email, etc.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Highly organized with great attention to detail
• Lift/Carry up to 50 lbs.
• Flexible and willing to perform other tasks as assigned
• All candidates should be in pursuit of, or possessing, an Associate, Bachelor or Master's degree.
About USA Baseball
USA Baseball is the National Governing Body for the sport of baseball in the United States and is a member of the United States Olympic Committee (USOC) and the World Baseball Softball Confederation. The organization selects and trains the Olympic, Pan Am, Premier 12 and World Baseball Classic teams (and all other USA Baseball Professional Teams); the USA Baseball Collegiate National Team; the USA Baseball 18U, 15U and 12U National Teams; and the USA Baseball Women's National Team, all of which participate in various international competitions each year.
The organization is responsible for the proliferation and health of the sport, and leads a number of amateur initiatives including PLAYBALL and Pitch Smart. USA Baseball also presents the Golden Spikes Award annually to the top amateur baseball player in the country.