Retail & Supply Chain Management Intern
Usa BaseballCary, NC
This was removed by the employer on 1/31/2021 5:17:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Retail & Supply Chain Management Intern jobs in Cary-NC
Search all Retail & Supply Chain Management Intern postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Retail & Supply Chain Management Intern? Retail & Supply Chain Management Intern
*USA Baseball has four Retail & Supply Chain Management Intern positions available.
Start Date: March 1, 2021 or May 3, 2021
End Date: August 27, 2021
*Full-time hours (40 hours per week)
*This is a paid position.
Position Reports To:
• Director, Retail Operations (Megan Kane)
• Senior Director, Retail (Carrington Austin)
• Coordinator, Retail & Travel Services (Alex Morin)
Position Background: The USA Baseball retail department manages and oversees the brand's official online shop, www.USABaseballShop.com, the USA Baseball Team Store located at the National Training Complex in Cary, N.C., and satellite stores at various USA Baseball events throughout the year. In August 2012, the retail department brought all of its e-commerce in-house and launched the initial USA Baseball Official Online Store.
• Oversee inventory, shipping and tracking of officially licensed merchandise for the USA Baseball 14U, 15U, 16U & 17U National Team Championships, 12U National Open and other various events.
• Potentially travel to a USA Baseball event in various parts of the country to oversee event merchandising.
• Manage the processing and fulfillment of e-commerce orders submitted via www.usabaseballshop.com.
• Provide customer service for USA Baseball's e-commerce customers through a variety of communication channels including the telephone, email, text and web-based forms.
• On-going maintenance of www.usabaseballshop.com, including but not limited to updating item descriptions, product photographs and inventory management.
• Assistance in developing the organization's e-commerce calendar of events and creating special events around key dates.
• Manage the USA Baseball Team Store throughout the summer, including monitoring merchandise inventory.
• Fulfillment of trading card and event photo orders from various USA Baseball events throughout the year.
• Support the Director, Retail Operations, and complete any administrative duties, including social media updates, as necessary.
• Assist in the operation of additional USA Baseball events, National Team programming and other departments within USA Baseball (alumni relations, operations, travel services, etc.) with various tasks as necessary.
• Minimum of one year of retail experience
• Flexible schedule and weekend availability for all USA Baseball events taking place at the National Training Complex in Cary, NC.
• Must be available to travel to Arizona or California during June and July if needed.
• Professional communication skills, both in person and via phone, email, etc.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Highly organized with great attention to detail
• Lift/Carry up to 50 lbs.
• Flexible and willing to perform other tasks as assigned
• All candidates should be in current pursuit of or possessing a bachelor's degree.
About USA Baseball:
USA Baseball is the National Governing Body for the sport of baseball in the United States and is a member of the United States Olympic Committee (USOC) and the World Baseball Softball Confederation. The organization selects and trains the Olympic, Pan Am, Premier 12 and World Baseball Classic teams (and all other USA Baseball Professional Teams); the USA Baseball Collegiate National Team; the USA Baseball 18U, 15U and 12U National Teams; and the USA Baseball Women's National Team, all of which participate in various international competitions each year.
The organization is responsible for the proliferation and health of the sport, and leads a number of amateur initiatives including PLAYBALL and Pitch Smart. USA Baseball also presents the Golden Spikes Award annually to the top amateur baseball player in the country.
This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.