Paid Intern - National Training Complex Operations
Usa BaseballDurham, NC
Part Time Paid Internship
National Training Complex (NTC) Operations Intern
Start Date: May 15, 2020
End Date: August 28, 2020
* This is a paid position
Position Reports To: James Vick, Director, NTC Operations
Background: The USA Baseball National Training Complex (NTC) opened in 2007 and has since hosted the 2011 Pan American Team, 2009 USA Baseball World Cup Team, 2008 United States Olympic Baseball Team and the 2008 University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Tar Heels home baseball schedule. This year the National Training Complex will once again serve as the host site for the National High School Invitational, various Collegiate National Team games, 15U National Team Training, and the annual National Team Identification Series.
• Serve as the on-site, day-to-day liaison between USA Baseball and the Town of Cary during all USA Baseball events at the NTC
• Work with the Director of NTC Operations to hire and manage game day staff for USA Baseball events at the NTC
• Manage all facility operational needs for the USA Baseball National Team programs and USA Baseball events at the NTC
• Assist in set-up for all USA Baseball events at the NTC including signage, field set-up, and game-day staff
• Provide assistance with the receiving and distribution of USA Baseball's National Team equipment
• Support retail department in receiving and inventory of officially licensed merchandise for the USA Baseball Team Store
• Assist in the operation of additional USA Baseball events, National Team programming and other departments within USA Baseball (alumni relations, merchandising, travel services, etc.) with various tasks as necessary
• Flexible schedule and weekend availability for all USA Baseball events taking place at the National Training Complex in Cary, N.C.
• Proficient in Microsoft office
• Lift/Carry up to 50 lbs.
• Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
• All candidates must possess excellent written communication, computer and interpersonal skills.
• Candidates should indicate in their cover letter or resume if they have written and/or verbal proficiency in a foreign language.
• For up-to-date information on USA Baseball, all candidates are encouraged to follow @usabaseball on Twitter and Instagram and like USA Baseball on Facebook.
• All candidates should be in possession of, or working towards, an Associate, bachelor, or Master's degree.
About USA Baseball:
USA Baseball is the National Governing Body for the sport of baseball in the United States and is a member of the United States Olympic Committee (USOC) and the World Baseball Softball Confederation. The organization selects and trains the Olympic, Pan Am, Premier 12 and World Baseball Classic teams (and all other USA Baseball Professional Teams); the USA Baseball Collegiate National Team; the USA Baseball 18U, 15U and 12U National Teams; and the USA Baseball Women's National Team, all of which participate in various international competitions each year.
The organization is responsible for the proliferation and health of the sport, and leads a number of amateur initiatives including PLAYBALL and Pitch Smart. USA Baseball also presents the Golden Spikes Award annually to the top amateur baseball player in the country.