Intern - Marketing
Usa BaseballDurham, NC
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Start Date: March 15, 2020
End Date: July 31, 2020
*Part-time hours available from March 15-May 14, 2020
*May 15-July 31, 2020 (40 hours per week). Start date is flexible
*This is a paid position.
Position Reports To: Brittany Allen, Director, Marketing
Position Background: The marketing department manages USA Baseball's key partnerships with companies such as Gatorade, Panini America, and other sports industry leaders, while also coordinating large scale programs that help brand the organization on a local and national level. In 2020, this department will assist with community events and promotions surrounding USA Baseball national team games and the Golden Spikes Award (GSA), which is presented annually to the top amateur baseball player in the nation live on ESPN. The marketing intern will assist with the promotion and execution surrounding these events and additional national team programs.
Additionally, the World Baseball Softball Confederation (WBSC) granted USA Baseball the rights to host the 2021 U-18 WBSC Baseball World Cup, in which the organization is responsible for the promotion and execution of the event. This marketing position will assist in researching sponsorship's, developing presentations and creating strategies for promoting the 2021 U-18 WBSC Baseball World Cup.
• Assist with on-site sponsorship activation surrounding all USA Baseball national teams and identification event programming.
• Help plan, promote and execute USA Baseball special events and theme nights held at the National Training Complex or in the local community. Events may include Collegiate National Team promotional nights, NHSI championship ceremonies, food truck festivals, etc.
• Execute administrative duties pertaining to the USA Baseball Golden Spikes Award, including, travel arrangements, welcome gifts, itinerary planning, etc. As well as assist in the ongoing effort to re-engage past GSA winners.
• Represent USAB at relevant community events to promote the organization's programming. Events may include the ACC Fan Fest, Cary Sports Alliance meetings, coordinating mascot appearances, etc.
• Research a variety of potential sponsorship, foundations, organizations, partners, etc. that could support the 2021 U-18 WBSC Baseball World Cup.
• Assist in the creation of sponsorship presentations and other administrative duties relative to executing sponsorship contracts.
• Design a marketing plan specific to the 2021 U-18 WBSC Baseball World Cup and begin executing marketing initiatives.
• Provide administrative and operational support to the Director, Marketing for other marketing initiatives and department responsibilities.
• Assist in the operation of additional USA Baseball events, national team programming and other departments within USA Baseball (media, baseball operations, retail, etc.) with various tasks as necessary.
• Highly organized with great attention to detail.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint.
• Professional communication skills, both in person and via phone, email, etc.
• Previous event management or marketing experience.
• Ability to manage and balance multiple tasks.
• Must have an excellent attitude and work well in a team setting.
• Flexible and willing to perform other responsibilities as assigned.
• Weekend availability throughout your tenure with USA Baseball and all events taking place at the National Training Complex in Cary, NC.
• In possession of or working towards an Associate, Bachelor or Master Degree.
About USA Baseball:
USA Baseball is the National Governing Body for the sport of baseball in the United States and is a member of the United States Olympic Committee (USOC) and the World Baseball Softball Confederation. The organization selects and trains the Olympic, Pan Am, Premier 12 and World Baseball Classic teams (and all other USA Baseball Professional Teams); the USA Baseball Collegiate National Team; the USA Baseball 18U, 15U and 12U National Teams; and the USA Baseball Women's National Team, all of which participate in various international competitions each year.
The organization is responsible for the proliferation and health of the sport, and leads a number of amateur initiatives including PLAYBALL and Pitch Smart. USA Baseball also presents the Golden Spikes Award annually to the top amateur baseball player in the country.