Usa BaseballCary, NC
Full Time Job
International Liaison (Collegiate National Team)
Background: This role will serve as the liaison for the 2023 Collegiate National Team's international
opponents (Chinese Taipei and Japan). The liaison will be with the teams from their arrival in the United
States through their departure back to their home country. The liaison will be responsible for various
baseball administration and operations duties to ensure that all involved have an enjoyable experience!
Anticipated Start Date: May 1, 2023 (Full-time hours)
Remote May 1 – June 1. In-person (Cary, NC) starting June 1 - July 28.
Anticipated End Date: July 28, 2023
• This individual will be embedded with both teams (Chinese Taipei and Japan) during the 2023 Collegiate National Team tour, staying with them at the official team hotel and traveling on the team bus to all practices, games and outings.
• Pre-arrival communication with the teams about all aspects of their time in the United States.
• Assist with COVID-19 intake testing (if applicable).
• Handle baseball operations needs for both teams including laundry, ''last minute'' equipment needs, player and staff transportation when necessary, etc.
• Facilitate daily meetings with the team's staff and USA Baseball staff to finalize the following day's meal, practice, and transportation schedules.
• Develop a meal plan for both teams, in conjunction with their Federation, and secure meals when applicable.
• Plan a minimum of one cultural outing for both teams.
• Assist with USA Baseball's international trading card program.
• Manage media day for both teams (player photographs for international trading card program).
• Operate the Trackman system during games.
• Continued communication with the USA Baseball Collegiate National Team front office staff throughout the 2023 tour.
• Ongoing updates to the USA Baseball alumni database.
• Strong organizational and administrative skills.
• Strong proficiency and literacy in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Adobe Acrobat.
• Ability to write and communicate clearly and effectively for a variety of audiences.
• Weekend and weekday availability for all USA Baseball events taking place at the National Training Complex in Cary, NC for the duration of the internship.
• Availability to travel to off-site event locations around the United States as needed.
• Ability to speak Mandarin and/or Japanese is preferred, but not required.
• A completion of a successful background check is required prior to employment.
• All candidates should be in possession of or working toward a degree.
USA Baseball is dedicated to building an authentic and inclusive workplace. If you are interested in an open position but are hesitant to apply because of your experience, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be a great fit for USA Baseball and the right candidate for this position or other roles in our organization.
About USA Baseball:
USA Baseball is the National Governing Body for the sport of baseball in the United States and is a member of the United States Olympic and Paralympic Committee (USOPC) and the World Baseball Softball Confederation (WBSC). The organization selects and trains the Olympic, Pan Am, Premier 12 and World Baseball Classic teams (and all other USA Baseball Professional Teams); the USA Baseball Collegiate National Team; the USA Baseball 18U, 15U and 12U National Teams; and the USA Baseball Women's National Team, all of which participate in various international competitions each year. The organization is responsible for the proliferation and health of the sport, and leads a number of amateur initiatives including PLAYBALL, Pitch Smart, and BASE. USA Baseball also presents the Golden Spikes Award annually to the top amateur baseball player in the country.