Video Production Intern
Usa BaseballCary, NC
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Job Title: Intern, Video Production
All USA Baseball employees will operate under a remote work plan for the 2021 season. All employees will be expected to work remotely during business hours, Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. ET, unless otherwise scheduled by your supervisor or during USA Baseball sanctioned events. If assigned to work an event, employees will work on-site at an assigned facility. USA Baseball will implement strict COVID-19 guidelines for all events in 2021 in order to protect the long-term health and safety for its employees and participants.
Start Date: Immediately
End Date: December 31, 2021
*This position is 40 hours a week (can be flexible)
*This is a paid position.
Position Background: USA Baseball is looking for a Video Production intern to help execute USA Baseball's media plan and is responsible for upholding the brand of our nation's pastime through the creation of video projects, videography, and social media visuals for USA Baseball's events, national team programs and development initiatives. The Video Production intern will report to the USA Baseball Video Producer and Director of Creative Services.
• Content creation and curation of stories for the organization as dictated in its yearly media plan
• Assistance with video production both through videography and editing of game recaps, features, and promotional videos
• Archiving and organizing past video content on behalf of the organization
• Assists the Media Relations Department with scheduled communication for the baseball community through social media outlets and the official website, creation of social media graphics, and video production projects for all programs and departments within the organization as assigned
• Support the USA Baseball national team development programs and Prospect Development Pipeline with the implementation of their strategic plans
• Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop, Premiere and After Effects
• Proficiency in sports videography
• Flexible and adaptable work schedule for changing organizational needs
• Willingness to travel to events throughout the U.S. and internationally
• Passionate about baseball with an understanding of the amateur baseball landscape
• Proficiency in sports photography and videography
• Currently enrolled in an undergraduate program or received a bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year university
About USA Baseball:
USA Baseball is the National Governing Body for the sport of baseball in the United States and is a member of the United States Olympic Committee (USOC) and the World Baseball Softball Confederation. The organization selects and trains the Olympic, Pan Am, Premier 12 and World Baseball Classic teams (and all other USA Baseball Professional Teams); the USA Baseball Collegiate National Team; the USA Baseball 18U, 15U and 12U National Teams; and the USA Baseball Women's National Team, all of which participate in various international competitions each year.
The organization is responsible for the proliferation and health of the sport, and leads a number of amateur initiatives including PLAYBALL and Pitch Smart. USA Baseball also presents the Golden Spikes Award annually to the top amateur baseball player in the country.