Intern - Social Media
Usa BaseballCary, NC
This was removed by the employer on 2/21/2024 6:39:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - Social Media jobs in Cary-NC
Search all Intern - Social Media postings
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Intern, Social Media - North Carolina
Background: USA Baseball is looking for a Social Media intern to help develop and implement USA Baseball's social media strategy for all its social media profiles to increase brand awareness and online presence, as well as improve marketing efforts for the organization.
The Social Media intern will work closely with a multitude of social media accounts across Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and TikTok including those for USA Baseball national teams, events, partners and programs.
Anticipated Start Date: May 2024
Anticipated End Date: August 2024
• Full-time hours (40 hours/week).
• Possible domestic travel involved.
• Create and post content to USA Baseball's official and auxiliary social media accounts.
• Serve as the on-site social media manager for USA Baseball events at the USA Baseball National Training Complex in Cary, North Carolina, and other domestic locations as assigned.
• Opportunity to lead and develop social media projects and campaigns.
• Capture content and create copy for social media accounts as assigned.
• Work closely with USA Baseball Shop to promote and market items through social media.
• Actively monitor and evaluate campaign and content performance on all platforms, leveraging insights and trends, and providing date-backed recommendations to the Media Relations team.
• Review and compile daily clips featuring USA Baseball and other relevant mentions and strategically share across social media channels.
• Develop and pitch creative new ways to cover relevant storylines and build USA Baseball's brand awareness online.
• Keep detailed records of analytics and mentions for social media accounts as assigned.
• Possible opportunities to travel.
• Assist all departments as needed for the organization.
• Must be able to lift up to 25lbs to assist with tarp pulls throughout the year.
• Strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
• Strong creative and strategic thinking.
• Proficiency in all social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, and Twitter.
• Strong understanding of baseball, including both the professional and amateur baseball landscapes.
• Ability to produce both creative content and in-game, baseball-focused updates.
• Experience in social media marketing, planning and content creation.
• Experience collecting analytics and utilizing insights in content creation and strategy.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Willingness to travel on an as-needed basis.
• Ability to multi-task and make sound decisions in a fast-paced environment.
• Must have an excellent attitude and work well in a team setting.
• Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and/or similar creative editing platforms is a plus.
• Candidates must be willing and able to work flexible, demanding hours.
• All candidates should be in possession of or working toward a degree.
USA Baseball is dedicated to building an authentic and inclusive workplace. If you are interested in an open position but are hesitant to apply because of your experience, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be a great fit for USA Baseball and the right candidate for this position or other roles in our organization.
USA Baseball employs the following types of positions: on-site, on-site hybrid, and remote hybrid. Candidates who are selected will discuss the exact type of internship with the hiring manager when interviewed.
About USA Baseball:
USA Baseball is the National Governing Body for the sport of baseball in the United States and is a member of the United States Olympic and Paralympic Committee (USOPC) and the World Baseball Softball Confederation (WBSC). The organization selects and trains the Olympic, Pan Am, Premier 12 and World Baseball Classic teams (and all other USA Baseball Professional Teams); the USA Baseball Collegiate National Team; the USA Baseball 18U, 15U and 12U National Teams; and the USA Baseball Women's National Team, all of which participate in various international competitions each year. The organization is responsible for the proliferation and health of the sport, and leads a number of amateur initiatives including PLAYBALL, Pitch Smart, and BASE. USA Baseball also presents the Golden Spikes Award annually to the top amateur baseball player in the country.