Intern - Prospect Development Pipeline Social Media and Engagement
Usa BaseballDurham, NC
This was removed by the employer on 12/31/2019 5:17:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - Prospect Development Pipeline Social Media and Engagement jobs in Durham-NC
Search all Intern - Prospect Development Pipeline Social Media and Engagement postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Intern - Prospect Development Pipeline Social Media and Engagement? Prospect Development Pipeline (PDP) Social Media and Engagement Intern
Start Date: May 1, 2020
End Date: August 14, 2020
*40 hours per week
*This is a paid position
Position Reports To: Jules Johnson, Director, Prospect Development Pipeline
Position Background: The Social Media and Engagement Intern of the Prospect Development Pipeline supports the day-to-day operation of one of USA Baseball and Major League Baseball's newest initiative within the amateur game. The Prospect Development Pipeline (PDP) is a collaborative effort between USA Baseball and the Commissioner's Office that delivers an official evaluation and mentoring program for amateur draft and college recruiting aged athletes. Part of the larger movement to improve the experience of players within the amateur game, the PDP is a platform for direct interaction between athletes and MLB and enables MLB and USA Baseball to provide the marketplace with a fair value, official evaluation opportunity.
This position will be responsible for the populating PDP social media channels with event updates and relevant content while maximizing on-site participant experience and engagement. Additionally, the position execute the capture of digital assets from PDP events including player headshots and occasional b-roll footage. Post-event, the Social Media and Engagement Intern will also work directly with the PDP Data and Analytics Coordinators in the accumulation and organization of event data for distribution to the MLB Scouting Community and personalized Player Reporting purposes. The Social Media and Engagement Intern will report to an Assistant Director of the PDP and will be supported by additional staff who will assist in the growth of the program.
• Populates PDP social media channels with unique, relevant content during events
• Captures program headshots on all participants
• Responsible for managing on-site communications and event registration during PDP events
• Liaison with the Major League Baseball on player registration procedures along with event assessment data and player reports
• Coordinates with PDP Data and Analytics Coordinators on the creation and distribution of personalized Player Reports
• Works on brand awareness and message consistency for the PDP program
• Identifies areas of future growth for the program
• Candidates must build and execute social media strategy and accurately communicate the PDP brand through various platforms
• Must display ability to generate, edit, and publish unique and relevant content through social media and digital platforms
• Should have prior event management, content creation or digital advertising experience
• All candidates must demonstrate exceptional literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Office Suite, and Adobe Programs
• Must have a positive attitude and work well in a team setting
• Flexible and adaptable work schedule for changing organizational needs
• Ability to utilize existing and emerging technologies within the game to achieve team goals
• Previous digital photography experience
• Previous video and photo creation and editing experience
• Previous communications, database management and Microsoft Office experience
• In possession of or working towards an Associate, Bachelor or Master Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, or other relevant degree.
About USA Baseball
USA Baseball is the National Governing Body for the sport of baseball in the United States and is a member of the United States Olympic Committee (USOC) and the World Baseball Softball Confederation. The organization selects and trains the Olympic, Pan Am, Premier 12 and World Baseball Classic teams (and all other USA Baseball Professional Teams); the USA Baseball Collegiate National Team; the USA Baseball 18U, 15U and 12U National Teams; and the USA Baseball Women's National Team, all of which participate in various international competitions each year.
The organization is responsible for the proliferation and health of the sport, and leads a number of amateur initiatives including PLAYBALL and Pitch Smart. USA Baseball also presents the Golden Spikes Award annually to the top amateur baseball player in the country. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.