Intern - Prospect Development Pipeline , Data & Analytics
Usa BaseballDurham, NC
This was removed by the employer on 12/31/2019 5:17:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - Prospect Development Pipeline , Data & Analytics jobs in Durham-NC
Search all Intern - Prospect Development Pipeline , Data & Analytics postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Intern - Prospect Development Pipeline , Data & Analytics? Prospect Development Pipeline (PDP), Data & Analytics Intern
Start Date: April 16, 2020
End Date: September 30, 2020
* 40 hours per week
*This is a paid position.
Position Reports To: Jules Johnson, Director, Prospect Development Pipeline
The Data and Analytics Intern of the Prospect Development Pipeline supports the day to day operation of one of USA Baseball and Major League Baseball's newest initiative within the amateur game. The Prospect Development Pipeline (PDP) is a collaborative effort between USA Baseball and the Commissioner's Office that delivers an official evaluation and mentoring program for amateur draft and college recruiting aged athletes. Part of the larger movement to improve the experience of players within the amateur game, the PDP is a platform for direct interaction between athletes and MLB and enables MLB and USA Baseball to provide the marketplace with a fair value, official evaluation opportunity.
This position will be responsible for the organization of aggregate data from PDP evaluations, as well as other evaluations held around the country, and unifying various digital resources and assets for the creation of personalized Player Reports sent to all participating athletes. The position will report to the Director of the Prospect Development Pipeline and will be supported by additional staff who will assist in the growth of the program.
• Liaison with the Major League Baseball on all player registration procedures along with event assessment data and player reports
• Serves as the lead communication vehicle between the PDP and participating athletes/families
• Manages the organization of event information and data for the creation of PDP personalized Player Reports
• Directs the flow of athlete data and information between USA Baseball and the Office of the Commissioner
• Identifies areas of future growth for the program, including collaboration with other USA Baseball Sport Development amateur initiatives
• All candidates should have experience within baseball, and a passion for the sport and its different elements
• Displays an interest in sports science, researching player development and long-term player safety initiatives
• Candidates must possess strong organizational and analytical skills showing the ability to be detail oriented in aggregating many different data sets into a streamlined process
• All candidates must demonstrate exceptional literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Drive Suite
• Must have an excellent attitude and work well in a team setting
• Good time management and communication skills
• Ability to utilize existing and emerging technologies within the game to achieve team goals
• Previous experience with R Studio, 3D Issue, or other relevant software
• In possession of or working towards an Associate, Bachelor or Master Degree in Communications, Technology or other relevant degree.
About USA Baseball:
USA Baseball is the National Governing Body for the sport of baseball in the United States and is a member of the United States Olympic Committee (USOC) and the World Baseball Softball Confederation. The organization selects and trains the Olympic, Pan Am, Premier 12 and World Baseball Classic teams (and all other USA Baseball Professional Teams); the USA Baseball Collegiate National Team; the USA Baseball 18U, 15U and 12U National Teams; and the USA Baseball Women's National Team, all of which participate in various international competitions each year.
The organization is responsible for the proliferation and health of the sport, and leads a number of amateur initiatives including PLAYBALL and Pitch Smart. USA Baseball also presents the Golden Spikes Award annually to the top amateur baseball player in the country. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.