Intern - National Training Complex Operations
Usa BaseballCary, NC
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Background: The USA Baseball National Training Complex (NTC) opened in 2007 and has since hosted the 2011 Pan American Team, 2009 USA Baseball World Cup Team, 2008 & 2021 United States Olympic Baseball Team, and the 2008 University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Tar Heels home baseball schedule. This year the National Training Complex will once again serve as the host site for the National High School Invitational, various Collegiate National Team games, 15U National Team Training, and the annual National Team Identification Series.
Anticipated Start Date: March 2023
Part-time hours March - May; Full-time hours May 15 – August 28
USA Baseball has two Intern, National Training Complex Operations positions available.
Anticipated End Date: August 2023
• Serve as the on-site, day-to-day liaison between USA Baseball and the Town of Cary during all USA Baseball events at the NTC.
• Work with the Senior Director of NTC Operations to hire and manage game day staff for USA Baseball events at the NTC.
• Manage all facility operational needs for the USA Baseball National Team programs and USA Baseball events at the NTC.
• Assist in set-up for all USA Baseball events at the NTC including signage, field set-up, and game-day staff.
• Provide assistance with the receiving and distribution of USA Baseball's National Team equipment.
• Support retail department in receiving and inventory of officially licensed merchandise for the USA Baseball Team Store.
• Assist in the operation of additional USA Baseball events, National Team programming and other departments within USA Baseball (alumni relations, merchandising, travel services, etc.) with various tasks as necessary.
• Flexible schedule and weekend/weekday availability for all USA Baseball events taking place at the National Training Complex in Cary, N.C.
• Proficient in Microsoft office
• Lift/Carry up to 50 lbs
• Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
• A completion of a successful background check is required prior to employment
• All candidates should be in possession of, or working towards, a bachelor's degree.
USA Baseball is dedicated to building an authentic and inclusive workplace. If you are interested in an open position but are hesitant to apply because of your experience, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be a great fit for USA Baseball and the right candidate for this position or other roles in our organization.
About USA Baseball:
USA Baseball is the National Governing Body for the sport of baseball in the United States and is a member of the United States Olympic and Paralympic Committee (USOPC) and the World Baseball Softball Confederation (WBSC). The organization selects and trains the Olympic, Pan Am, Premier 12 and World Baseball Classic teams (and all other USA Baseball Professional Teams); the USA Baseball Collegiate National Team; the USA Baseball 18U, 15U and 12U National Teams; and the USA Baseball Women's National Team, all of which participate in various international competitions each year. The organization is responsible for the proliferation and health of the sport, and leads a number of amateur initiatives including PLAYBALL, Pitch Smart, and BASE. USA Baseball also presents the Golden Spikes Award annually to the top amateur baseball player in the country.