Intern - Media Relations
Usa BaseballCary, NC
This was removed by the employer on 4/29/2021 6:30:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - Media Relations jobs in Cary-NC
Search all Intern - Media Relations postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Intern - Media Relations? Job Title: Intern, Media Relations
Start Date: May 1, 2020
End Date: September 30, 2021
*This position is 40 hours a week.
*This is a paid position.
All USA Baseball employees will operate under a remote work plan for the 2021 season. All employees will be expected to work remotely during business hours, Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. ET, unless otherwise scheduled by your supervisor or during USA Baseball sanctioned events. If assigned to work an event, employees will work on-site at an assigned facility. USA Baseball will implement strict COVID-19 guidelines for all events in 2021 in order to protect the long-term health and safety for its employees and participants.
Position Background: USA Baseball is looking for a Media Relations intern who will assist with the execution of USA Baseball's media plan and is responsible for upholding the brand of our nation's pastime through written communication and social media for the organization's events and national team programs, as well as the newly acquired Appalachian League. The intern will report to the Senior Director of Media Relations and the Director of Media Relations.
Position Reports To: Brad Young, Senior Director of Media Relations
Emily Fedewa, Director of Media Relations
• Answer daily media inquiries on behalf of the organization, including statistical requests and photo/video.
• Monitor media through web research and social media for opportunities to engage with and create content for the organization.
• Maintain the USA Baseball organizational history including results, rosters and statistics, as well as photos and videos.
• Create, proof, and edit content for USA Baseball's official website, USABaseball.com, including but not limited to game recaps, feature stories, series previews, press releases, etc.
• Serve as a primary media contact at all USA Baseball events assigned, and assist with game day preparations including script writing, social media coverage, program creation, scoring, and content creation.
• Assist or serve as a press officer for a USA Baseball national team or national team development program as assigned.
• Assist all departments as needed for the organization.
• Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint
• Proficiency in all social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and Twitter
• Experience writing feature stories, game recaps, media advisories and press releases
• Must have an excellent attitude and work well in a team setting
• Flexible and adaptable work schedule for changing organizational needs
• Candidates must be willing and able to work flexible, demanding hours
• Passionate about baseball with an understanding of the amateur baseball landscape
• Ability to work in both a Mac and PC environment
• Basic knowledge of HTML
• Experience with GameChanger and StatCrew (The Automated Scorebook) is preferred
• Ability to serve as an official scorer under National Federation of High School Sports (NFHS) and/or Major League Baseball official rules
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year university
About USA Baseball
USA Baseball is the National Governing Body for the sport of baseball in the United States and is a member of the United States Olympic & Paralympic Committee (USOPC) and the World Baseball Softball Confederation. The organization selects and trains the Olympic, Pan Am, Premier 12 and World Baseball Classic teams (and all other USA Baseball Professional Teams); the USA Baseball Collegiate National Team; the USA Baseball 18U, 15U and 12U National Teams; and the USA Baseball Women's National Team, all of which participate in various international competitions each year.
The organization is responsible for the proliferation and health of the sport, and leads a number of amateur initiatives including PLAYBALL and Pitch Smart. USA Baseball also presents the Golden Spikes Award annually to the top amateur baseball player in the country. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.