Media Relations Intern
Usa BaseballDurham, NC
This was removed by the employer on 12/31/2019 5:17:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Media Relations Intern jobs in Durham-NC
Search all Media Relations Intern postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Media Relations Intern? Media Relations Intern
Start Date: May 1, 2020
End Date: December 31, 2020
*40 hours per week
*This is a paid position.
Position Reports To: Brad Young, Senior Director of Media Relations
Position Background:USA Baseball is looking for a Media Relations intern. The intern will report to the Senior Director of Media Relations, as well as two Assistant Directors in the department. This position assists with the execution of USA Baseball's media plan and is responsible for upholding the brand of our nation's pastime through written communication and social media for USA Baseball's events and national team programs.
The Media Relations intern will work closely with USABaseball.com (Powered by Major League Baseball Advanced Media), USABaseballShop.com, and USA Baseball's social media accounts.
• Answer daily media inquiries on behalf of the organization, including statistical requests and photo/video
• Maintain the USA Baseball organizational history including results, rosters and statistics, as well as photos and videos
• Review and compile daily clips featuring USA Baseball and other relevant mentions
• Create, proof, and edit content for USA Baseball's official website, USABaseball.com, including but not limited to game recaps, feature stories, series previews, press releases, etc.
• Communicate with the United States Olympic & Paralympic Committee (USOPC) to meet deadlines for Athlete/Team of the Month nominations
• Assist in the planning and selection process for the USA Baseball Golden Spikes Award
• Serve as a primary media contact at all USA Baseball events held at the National Training Complex in Cary, North Carolina, and assist with game day preparations including script writing, social media advertising, program creation, scoring, and content creation
• Assist the USA Baseball Media Relations Department at events such as the Futures Invitational, National High School Invitational, and the National Team Identification Series, among others
• Assist or serve as a press officer for a USA Baseball national team or national team development program
• Assist all departments as needed for the organization
• Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint
• Proficiency in all social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and Twitter
• Experience writing feature stories, game recaps, media advisories and press releases
• Must have an excellent attitude and work well in a team setting
• Flexible and adaptable work schedule for changing organizational needs
• Candidates must be willing and able to work flexible, demanding hours
• Passionate about baseball with an understanding of the amateur baseball landscape
• Ability to work in both a Mac and PC environment
• Basic knowledge of HTML
• Experience with GameChanger and StatCrew (The Automated Scorebook) is preferred
• Ability to serve as an official scorer under National Federation of High School Sports (NFHS) and/or Major League Baseball official rules
• In possession of or working towards an Associate, Bachelor or Master Degree.
About USA Baseball:
USA Baseball is the National Governing Body for the sport of baseball in the United States and is a member of the United States Olympic Committee (USOC) and the World Baseball Softball Confederation. The organization selects and trains the Olympic, Pan Am, Premier 12 and World Baseball Classic teams (and all other USA Baseball Professional Teams); the USA Baseball Collegiate National Team; the USA Baseball 18U, 15U and 12U National Teams; and the USA Baseball Women's National Team, all of which participate in various international competitions each year.
The organization is responsible for the proliferation and health of the sport, and leads a number of amateur initiatives including PLAYBALL and Pitch Smart. USA Baseball also presents the Golden Spikes Award annually to the top amateur baseball player in the country. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.