Intern - Marketing
Usa BaseballCary, NC
This was removed by the employer on 2/5/2021 5:17:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - Marketing jobs in Cary-NC
Search all Intern - Marketing postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Intern - Marketing? Marketing Intern
Start Date: May 1, 2021
End Date: September 30, 2021
*Full-time hours May 1-September 30 (40 hours per week). Start date is flexible.
*This is a paid position.
All USA Baseball employees will operate under a remote work plan for the 2021 season. All employees will be expected to work remotely during business hours, Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. ET, unless otherwise scheduled by your supervisor or during USA Baseball sanctioned events. If assigned to work an event, employees will work on-site at an assigned facility. USA Baseball will implement strict COVID-19 guidelines for all events in 2021 in order to protect the long-term health and safety for its employees and participants.
Position Reports To: Director, Marketing (Brittany Allen)
Position Background: The marketing department manages USA Baseball's key partnerships with companies such as Gatorade, Panini America, and other sports industry leaders, while also coordinating large scale programs that help brand the organization on a local and national level. In 2021, this department will assist with community events and promotions surrounding USA Baseball national team games and the Golden Spikes Award (GSA), which is presented annually to the top amateur baseball player in the nation live on ESPN. The marketing intern will assist with the promotion and execution surrounding these events and additional national team programs.
Additionally, the World Baseball Softball Confederation (WBSC) granted USA Baseball the rights to host the 2021 U-18 WBSC Baseball World Cup in which the organization is responsible for the promotion and execution of the event. This marketing position will assist in researching sponsorships, developing presentations and executing strategies to promote the 2021 U-18 WBSC Baseball World Cup.
• Assist with on-site sponsorship activations surrounding all USA Baseball national teams and identification event programming.
• Execute administrative duties pertaining to the USA Baseball Golden Spikes Award, including, travel arrangements, welcome gifts, itinerary planning, etc. As well as assist in the ongoing effort to re-engage past GSA winners.
• Research a variety of potential sponsorships, foundations, organizations, partners, etc. that could support the 2021 U-18 WBSC Baseball World Cup.
• Assist in the creation of sponsorship presentations and other administrative duties relative to executing sponsorship contracts.
• Execute marketing and ticketing initiatives for the 2021 U-18 WBSC Baseball World Cup.
• Provide administrative and operational support to the Director, Marketing for other marketing initiatives and department responsibilities.
• Assist in the operation of additional USA Baseball events, national team programming and other departments within USA Baseball (media, baseball operations, retail, etc.) with various tasks as necessary.
• Highly organized with great attention to detail.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint.
• Professional communication skills, both in person and via phone, email, etc.
• Previous event management, ticketing operations and/or marketing experience.
• Ability to manage and balance multiple tasks.
• Must have an excellent attitude and work well in a team setting.
• Flexible and willing to perform other responsibilities as assigned.
• Weekend availability throughout your tenure with USA Baseball and all events taking place at the National Training Complex in Cary, NC.
Candidates must be in current pursuit of or in possession of a Bachelor's degree.
About USA Baseball:
USA Baseball is the National Governing Body for the sport of baseball in the United States and is a member of the United States Olympic Committee (USOC) and the World Baseball Softball Confederation. The organization selects and trains the Olympic, Pan Am, Premier 12 and World Baseball Classic teams (and all other USA Baseball Professional Teams); the USA Baseball Collegiate National Team; the USA Baseball 18U, 15U and 12U National Teams; and the USA Baseball Women's National Team, all of which participate in various international competitions each year.
The organization is responsible for the proliferation and health of the sport, and leads a number of amateur initiatives including PLAYBALL and Pitch Smart. USA Baseball also presents the Golden Spikes Award annually to the top amateur baseball player in the country. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.