Intern - Coaching Development
Usa BaseballCary, NC
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Coaching Development Intern
Start Date: June 1, 2021
End Date: December 31, 2021
*Full-time hours (40 hours a week) .
*This is a paid position.
All USA Baseball employees will operate under a remote work plan for the 2021 season. All employees will be expected to work remotely during business hours, Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. ET, unless otherwise scheduled by your supervisor or during USA Baseball sanctioned events. If assigned to work an event, employees will work on-site at an assigned facility. USA Baseball will implement strict COVID-19 guidelines for all events in 2021 in order to protect the long-term health and safety for its employees and participants.
Position Reports To: Andrew Bartman, Director, Coaching Development
Position Background: The Coaching Development Intern will contribute to the strategy and execution of USA Baseball's growth of the amateur game through coaching education efforts. This individual will be part of a team that is working jointly with Major League Baseball (MLB) on the improvement of the education of coaches within amateur baseball, increasing participation in the sport and improving player safety. This position will report to the Director of Coaching Development and will be supported by additional staff and interns who will assist in executing the department's strategic plan.
• Assist in the day-to-day operation of the Coaches Clinics program (Regional & Community) at micro and macro levels, taking the program to scale at the national and international level.
• Assist the Director of Coaching Development as point of contact for managing clinic host requests.
• Assist in the planning and build-out of new development initiatives.
• Coordinate with other department staff on proliferation of USA Baseball's educational resources and movement prep initiatives.
• Assist in the preparation, on-site and overall execution of select USA Baseball related events.
• Research and compile a database of youth baseball organizations to promote USA Baseball coaching education offerings.
• Track fulfillment and overall inventory of community clinic host banners.
• Assist in requesting, ordering, and shipping items related to regional clinics.
• Track community clinic host terms & conditions completion.
• Work with community clinic hosts to obtain attendance information and document in attendee's online profiles.
• Other duties as assigned by the Director of Coaching Development.
• All candidates should have a background or interest in sports with a working knowledge of baseball.
• Candidates should possess strong leadership and communication skills.
• All candidates must demonstrate computer literacy with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint.
• Must have an excellent attitude and work well in a team setting.
• Ability to work independently and execute tasks in a timely fashion.
• Willingness to travel to USA Baseball events throughout the United States.
• Passionate about giving back to the greater community and helping kids by providing their coaches with quality resources.
• Ability to utilize existing and emerging networks within the game to achieve team goals.
• Previous baseball coaching and event management experience.
In possession of, or working towards, an Associate, Bachelor or Master's degree.
About USA Baseball:
USA Baseball is the National Governing Body for the sport of baseball in the United States and is a member of the United States Olympic Committee (USOC) and the World Baseball Softball Confederation. The organization selects and trains the Olympic, Pan Am, Premier 12 and World Baseball Classic teams (and all other USA Baseball Professional Teams); the USA Baseball Collegiate National Team; the USA Baseball 18U, 15U and 12U National Teams; and the USA Baseball Women's National Team, all of which participate in various international competitions each year.
The organization is responsible for the proliferation and health of the sport, and leads a number of amateur initiatives including PLAYBALL and Pitch Smart. USA Baseball also presents the Golden Spikes Award annually to the top amateur baseball player in the country.