Intern - Baseball World Cup
Usa BaseballSarasota, FL
This was removed by the employer on 6/10/2021 4:23:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - Baseball World Cup jobs in Sarasota-FL
Search all Intern - Baseball World Cup postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Intern - Baseball World Cup?
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Intern - Wbsc U18 Baseball World Cup
Title: Intern, WBSC U-18 Baseball World Cup 2021
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: September 30, 2021
• Full-time hours (40 hours per week). Start date is flexible.
• This is a paid position.
• End date may be modified by USA Baseball based on ongoing performance reviews.
Position Reports To:
• Director, Marketing (Brittany Allen)
• WBSC U-18 Baseball World Cup 2021, Tournament Director (Russ Yurk)
Position Background: USA Baseball has been granted the hosting rights to the WBSC U-18 Baseball World Cup 2021 in Bradenton and Sarasota, FL. The organization is responsible for the promotion and operation of the event in September 2021. This intern position's primary responsibilities will be to assist in researching promotional opportunities, assisting with local presentations and creating strategies to promote the WBSC U-18 Baseball World Cup 2021. Secondary responsibilities will include supporting the marketing department with key USA Baseball partnership activations on the local and national level.
• Research potential sponsorship programs, foundations, companies, and other partners that could support the WBSC U-18 Baseball World Cup 2021.
• Assist in the creation of sponsorship presentations and other administrative duties related to executing sponsorship contracts.
• Help to design and execute a daily game-day marketing plan specific to the WBSC U-18 WBSC Baseball World Cup 2021.
• Assist with other on-site sponsorship activations surrounding all USA Baseball national teams and identification events.
• Provide administrative and operational support to the Assistant Director, Marketing for other marketing initiatives and department responsibilities.
• Assist in the operation of additional USA Baseball events, national team programming and other departments within USA Baseball (media, baseball operations, retail, etc.) with various tasks as necessary.
• Highly organized with great attention to detail.
• High proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint.
• Professional communication skills, both in person and via phone, email, etc.
• Previous event management or marketing experience.
• Ability to manage and balance multiple tasks.
• Must have an excellent attitude and work well in a team setting.
• Flexible and willing to perform other responsibilities as assigned.
• Weekend availability throughout your tenure with USA Baseball and all events taking place at the National Training Complex in Cary, NC.
• Candidates must be in current pursuit of or in possession of a Bachelor's degree.
About USA Baseball
USA Baseball is the National Governing Body for the sport of baseball in the United States and is a member of the United States Olympic Committee (USOC) and the World Baseball Softball Confederation. The organization selects and trains the Olympic, Pan Am, Premier 12 and World Baseball Classic teams (and all other USA Baseball Professional Teams); the USA Baseball Collegiate National Team; the USA Baseball 18U, 15U and 12U National Teams; and the USA Baseball Women's National Team, all of which participate in various international competitions each year.
The organization is responsible for the proliferation and health of the sport, and leads a number of amateur initiatives including PLAYBALL and Pitch Smart. USA Baseball also presents the Golden Spikes Award annually to the top amateur baseball player in the country.