Intern - Baseball Operations
Usa BaseballCary, NC
This was removed by the employer on 3/5/2021 5:17:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - Baseball Operations jobs in Cary-NC
Search all Intern - Baseball Operations postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Intern - Baseball Operations? Baseball Operations Intern – 18U National Team Program
Start Date: May 10, 2021
End Date: September 30, 2021
*Full Time Hours (40 hours per week).
*This is a paid position.
All USA Baseball employees will operate under a remote work plan for the 2021 season. All employees will be expected to work remotely during business hours, Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. ET, unless otherwise scheduled by your supervisor or during USA Baseball sanctioned events. If assigned to work an event, employees will work on-site at an assigned facility. USA Baseball will implement strict COVID-19 guidelines for all events in 2021 in order to protect the long-term health and safety for its employees and participants.
Position Reports to: Director, Baseball Operations (Brett Curll)
Background: The 18U National Team represents the United States in international competitions at the U-18 level. In 2021, the 18U National Team will represent Team USA as the host country in the 2021 WBSC U-18 World Cup in Sarasota/Bradenton, Florida. The 16U/17U National Team Development Program is week-long development opportunity for age appropriate players that prepares them to compete for future 18U Naitonal Teams.
• Communicate with National Team Trials and National Team Development Program participants and their families on all aspects of the events including travel, equipment, and participant forms.
• Book, coordinate and communicate travel for the players, coaches and staff.
• Assist in all operational and administrative needs for 18U National Team Trials and Training.
• Assist in all operational and administrative needs for the 16U/17U National Team Development Program.
• Attend the USA Baseball 18U National Team Trials and Training to provide on-site operational and administrative support.
• Attend the USA Baseball 16U/17U National Team Development Program to provide on-site operational support.
• Provide administrative and operational assistance for other USA Baseball events including the Prospect Development Pipeline League (PDPL) and the National Team Identification Series (NTIS).
• Assist in the operation of additional USA Baseball events, National Team programming and other departments within USA Baseball (alumni relations, merchandising, travel services, etc.) with various tasks as necessary.
• Problem-solver who is able to be flexible and agile in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
• Professional communication skills, both in person and via phone, email, etc.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and the ability to learn new software and registration platforms such as League Apps and TeamWorks.
• Able to complete individual tasks in a timely fashion in order to advance the team's overall progress.
• Ability to establish and maintain relationships with various staff members, scouts and coaches.
• Highly organized with great attention to detail.
• Have a basic understanding of existing and emerging baseball technologies, including but not limited to Rapsodo, Trackman, Synergy, Diamond Kinetics, and others.
• Weekend availability for all USA Baseball events taking place at the National Training Complex in Cary, NC.
• All candidates should be in possession of, or working toward, a Bachelor's or Master's Degree.
About USA Baseball:
USA Baseball is the National Governing Body for the sport of baseball in the United States and is a member of the United States Olympic Committee (USOC) and the World Baseball Softball Confederation. The organization selects and trains the Olympic, Pan Am, Premier 12 and World Baseball Classic teams (and all other USA Baseball Professional Teams); the USA Baseball Collegiate National Team; the USA Baseball 18U, 15U and 12U National Teams; and the USA Baseball Women's National Team, all of which participate in various international competitions each year.
The organization is responsible for the proliferation and health of the sport, and leads a number of amateur initiatives including PLAYBALL and Pitch Smart. USA Baseball also presents the Golden Spikes Award annually to the top amateur baseball player in the country. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.