Intern - Baseball Operations National Team Championships
Usa BaseballCary, NC
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Background: Anyone applying for the position of Intern, Baseball Operations - National Team Championships will work directly with USA Baseball's National Team Championships. The National Team Championships are the primary identification events for players to be considered for the 15U National Team or the 13U/14U Athlete Development Program and 16U/17U National Team Development Programs. Through these events, USA Baseball provides an opportunity for 400 teams to showcase their ability against teams from all across the country. The USA Baseball National Team Championships - Arizona will be held in Glendale, Goodyear and Peoria, Ariz. The USA Baseball National Training Complex in Cary, NC will host the National Team Championships – North Carolina. In addition to working with the National Team Championships, interns will assist with the implementation of the 13U/14U Athlete Development Program, 16U/17U National Team Development Program, 15U National Team, and/or National Team Identification Series.
Anticipated Start Date: March 2023 or May 2023
USA Baseball has five Baseball Operations Intern – National Team Championships positions available with various start and end dates. End dates can vary depending on availability and program assignment following the National Team Championships.
Anticipated End Date: August 2023
• Serve as the main point of contact for teams, parents, and players attending the National Team Championships.
• Provide administrative support for National Team Championships including but not limited to gathering rosters, insurance information, communicating with teams via phone and email, and fielding questions about the event from teams, parents, participants, and scouts.
• Supplement in-event communication through various social media outlets.
• Travel to one of the National Team Championships sites (Phoenix, Ariz.) to execute tournament operations during the months of June and July.
• Conduct on-site registration, oversee tournament operations at an assigned MLB Spring Training complex, and serve as the complex's main USA Baseball representative – managing all USA Baseball and tournament staff (scouts, scorekeepers, gate staff, etc.).
• Provide administrative and operational assistance for a USA Baseball National Team, National Team Development Program, and/or National Team Identification Series.
• Assist other departments within the organization as necessary, both administratively and operationally.
• Management or leadership experience preferred.
• Able to relocate to Raleigh/ Durham, North Carolina by start date.
• Available to travel to Arizona during the months of June and July.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and the ability to learn new software and registration platforms such as League Apps and TeamWorks.
• Able to complete individual tasks in a timely fashion in order to advance the team's overall progress.
• Professional communication skills, both in person and via phone, email, etc.
• Ability to establish and maintain relationships with various staff members, scouts and coaches.
• Flexible and willing to perform other tasks as assigned.
• Ability to problem solve in stressful situations and prioritize necessary tasks.
• Highly organized with great attention to detail.
• Ability to communicate information over a broad network with efficiency, clarity and effectiveness.
• Knowledge of Spanish language is beneficial.
• Lift/Carry up to 50 lbs.
• Have an efficient understanding about the sport of baseball.
• Weekend and weekday availability and able to provide personal transportation to and from all USA Baseball events taking place at the National Training Complex in Cary, NC from March – August.
• A completion of a successful background check is required prior to employment.
• Candidates should be in possession of, or working toward, a Bachelor's or Master's degree.
USA Baseball is dedicated to building an authentic and inclusive workplace. If you are interested in an open position but are hesitant to apply because of your experience, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be a great fit for USA Baseball and the right candidate for this position or other roles in our organization.
About USA Baseball:
USA Baseball is the National Governing Body for the sport of baseball in the United States and is a member of the United States Olympic and Paralympic Committee (USOPC) and the World Baseball Softball Confederation (WBSC). The organization selects and trains the Olympic, Pan Am, Premier 12 and World Baseball Classic teams (and all other USA Baseball Professional Teams); the USA Baseball Collegiate National Team; the USA Baseball 18U, 15U and 12U National Teams; and the USA Baseball Women's National Team, all of which participate in various international competitions each year. The organization is responsible for the proliferation and health of the sport, and leads a number of amateur initiatives including PLAYBALL, Pitch Smart, and BASE. USA Baseball also presents the Golden Spikes Award annually to the top amateur baseball player in the country.