Intern - Baseball Operations 18U National Team
Usa BaseballCary, NC
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Background: The 18U National Team represents the United States in international competitions at the U-18 level. The 16U/17U National Team Development Program is week-long development opportunity for age appropriate players that prepares them to compete for future 18U National Teams.
Anticipated Start Date: May 2023 (Full-time hours)
Anticipated End Date: August 2023
• Communicate with National Team Trials and National Team Development Program participants and their families on all aspects of the events including travel, equipment, and participant forms.
• Book, coordinate and communicate travel for the players, coaches, and staff.
• Assist in all operational and administrative needs for 18U National Team Trials and Training.
• Assist in all operational and administrative needs for the 16U/17U National Team Development Program.
• Attend the USA Baseball 18U National Team Trials and Training to provide on-site operational and administrative support.
• Attend the USA Baseball 16U/17U National Team Development Program to provide on-site operational support.
• Provide administrative and operational assistance for other USA Baseball events including the Prospect Development Pipeline League (PDPL) and the National Team Identification Series (NTIS).
• Assist in the operation of additional USA Baseball events, National Team programming and other departments within USA Baseball (alumni relations, merchandising, travel services, etc.) with various tasks as necessary.
• Problem-solver who is able to be flexible and agile in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
• Professional communication skills, both in person and via phone, email, etc.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and the ability to learn new software and registration platforms such as League Apps and TeamWorks.
• Able to complete individual tasks in a timely fashion in order to advance the team's overall progress.
• Ability to establish and maintain relationships with various staff members, scouts, and coaches.
• Highly organized with great attention to detail.
• Have a basic understanding of existing and emerging baseball technologies, including but not limited to Rapsodo, Trackman, Synergy, Diamond Kinetics, and others.
• Weekend and weekday availability for all USA Baseball events taking place at the National Training Complex in Cary, NC.
• A completion of a successful background check is required prior to employment.
• All candidates should be in possession of, or working toward, a Bachelor's or Master's Degree.
USA Baseball is dedicated to building an authentic and inclusive workplace. If you are interested in an open position but are hesitant to apply because of your experience, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be a great fit for USA Baseball and the right candidate for this position or other roles in our organization.
About USA Baseball:
USA Baseball is the National Governing Body for the sport of baseball in the United States and is a member of the United States Olympic and Paralympic Committee (USOPC) and the World Baseball Softball Confederation (WBSC). The organization selects and trains the Olympic, Pan Am, Premier 12 and World Baseball Classic teams (and all other USA Baseball Professional Teams); the USA Baseball Collegiate National Team; the USA Baseball 18U, 15U and 12U National Teams; and the USA Baseball Women's National Team, all of which participate in various international competitions each year. The organization is responsible for the proliferation and health of the sport, and leads a number of amateur initiatives including PLAYBALL, Pitch Smart, and BASE. USA Baseball also presents the Golden Spikes Award annually to the top amateur baseball player in the country.