Coordinator, Sport Performance
Usa BaseballCary, US
This was removed by the employer on 2/8/2021 6:17:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the IS/IT Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Coordinator, Sport Performance jobs in Cary-US
Search all Coordinator, Sport Performance postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Coordinator, Sport Performance? Coordinator, Sport Performance
Start Date: January/February 2021
All USA Baseball employees will operate under a remote work plan for the 2021 season. All employees will be expected to work remotely during business hours, Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. ET, unless otherwise scheduled by your supervisor or during USA Baseball sanctioned events. If assigned to work an event, employees will work on-site at an assigned facility. USA Baseball will implement strict COVID-19 guidelines for all events in 2021 in order to protect the long-term health and safety for its employees and participants.
Position Reports To:
• Senior Director, Technology (Russell Hartford)
• Director, Sport Performance (Drew Pomeroy)
Position Background: This role will support USA Baseball and Major League Baseball's (MLB) Prospect Development Pipeline (PDP), USA Baseball activations & national team programming, and various research opportunities. The PDP is a collaborative effort between USA Baseball and the Commissioner's Office that establishes an official identification and player development pathway for amateur baseball players in the United States. Athletes participating in the PDP undergo unique baseball and athletic assessments using state of the art technology as a part of the most comprehensive evaluative experience in any sport. This role will lead and execute athletic assessments, manage data collection, and analyze and interpret athlete performance data to support the PDP, various USA Baseball staff, partners, and MLB.
• Collaborate with the Senior Director of Technology and the Director of Sport Performance to:
• Travel to various locations domestically and internationally to facilitate on-site activations to evaluate athletes, collect performance data, and aid in athlete development using various assessment technologies for PDP events.
• Assist in the hiring and supervision of a team of interns each year to facilitate events and collect athlete performance data.
• Work with MLB partners to enhance events and provide logistic support where needed.
• Work with the Baseball Operations team to enhance USA Baseball events and national team programs.
• Educate USA Baseball executive office staff, on-field staff, and partners on athlete assessments and various baseball technologies.
• Identify areas of future growth for the program, including use of emerging technologies, strategies for improved data management & analysis and collaboration with other USA Baseball initiatives.
• Analyze and interpret athlete performance data.
Data Collection & Analyses
• Aggregate, organize, and analyze athlete performance data collected at events to support and enhance USA Baseball's sport performance and analytics efforts.
• Seek to streamline delivery of performance data to amateur athletes and the 30 Major League Baseball Clubs.
• Serve as a resource for MLB Club Scouts and USA Baseball program directors and national team staff for athlete performance data collected through events.
• Design and develop dashboards and various tools to support the Sport Performance and Baseball Operations departments, as well as on-field personnel.
• Work with various third-party university and research groups to facilitate research using athlete performance data.
• Establish and implement long-term strategic goals for USA Baseball regarding athlete data collection and analysis.
• Author research findings relating to player evaluation and development.
• Experience within baseball and a passion for the sport and its different elements.
• Strong organizational, logistical, and leadership skills.
• Proficiency and literacy in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Drive Suite, and Adobe Creative Cloud.
• Interest in sports science and player development.
• Excellent attitude and ability to work well in a team setting.
• Ability to write and communicate effectively for a variety of audiences.
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with people from diverse backgrounds.
• Strong quantitative analysis and computing skills with a background in Computer Science, Statistics, or related background.
• Previous experience with Rapsodo, Diamond Kinetics, Trackman, or other baseball operations software.
• Familiarity with Athletic Assessment execution and data collection/analysis.
• Familiarity with databases such as SQL, or equivalents.
• Basic knowledge of R, Python, or another scripting language.
• Baseball experience as a player, coach or administrator.
• Previous sports event management experience.
• Candidates should possess a bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year university or other relevant degree.
About USA Baseball Information:
USA Baseball is the National Governing Body for the sport of baseball in the United States and is a member of the United States Olympic Committee (USOC) and the World Baseball Softball Confederation. The organization selects and trains the Olympic, Pan Am, Premier 12 and World Baseball Classic teams (and all other USA Baseball Professional Teams); the USA Baseball Collegiate National Team; the USA Baseball 18U, 15U and 12U National Teams; and the USA Baseball Women's National Team, all of which participate in various international competitions each year.
The organization is responsible for the proliferation and health of the sport, and leads a number of amateur initiatives including PLAYBALL and Pitch Smart. USA Baseball also presents the Golden Spikes Award annually to the top amateur baseball player in the country.
This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.