News Photographer/ Editor
Full Time Job
Job Title: News Photographer/Editor
Reports to: Chief Photographer and Assistant News Director
Location: Sacramento. CA
Job Number (optional): KUVS-19-06
Univision KUVS is seeking a dedicated and creative full-time Photographer to cover news events, both live and on tape, for our news programs. If you can shoot images that speaks volume, can see beyond the lens and has a passion for storytelling, then we need you.
• Shoot and edit daily news stories, breaking news, special reports and sports stories as assigned with or without reporter using non-linear, computer-based editing equipment.
• Set up and operate microwave ENG trucks, as well as Live U streaming equipment.
• Edit materials to match script prepared by reporter, producer or associate producer using on-location facilities or any other location required.
• Work with reporters to get complete stories and makes suggestions on how a story should be produced.
• Be able to drive, operate and handle all necessary equipment on a news live truck or other equipment used in live transmissions.
• Keep assigned equipment and/or vehicle in good working condition and files all required paperwork, as deadlines require.
• Be able to work various shifts and times as well as during inclement weather.
• Assist video editor/TOC in editing and preparing video for newscasts as assigned using server-based editing and playback system.
• Assist in operation of teleprompter or robotic cameras during newscasts.
• Provide pictures and short/snap videos from the field for our Social Media platforms
• Might be required to upload video, digital pictures, and copy to the station's website and social media.
• Operate and maintain news vehicles and equipment in a safe and professional manner.
• Perform routine maintenance and light troubleshooting on equipment.
• Assist with news production and assignment desk as assigned.
• Other tasks assigned by supervisor.
Required Skills & Experience
• High School Diploma or equivalent education.
• Bilingual English/Spanish communication skills both written and oral
• Knowledge of editing software's such as Premier Pro and Avid
• Valid California Driver's license with clean driving record, as driving a news vehicle daily to and from stories is an essential part of the daily routine.
Desired Skills & Experience
• College Degree in Radio Television Production/Engineering or minimum of 2-3 years equivalent experience as a news photographer in a television news operation or similar environment.
• Detail oriented & strong organizations skills.
• Ability to work both as a team and independently.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines.
• Be able to lift heavy equipment up to 50 pounds, bend and set-up equipment for remotes to allow transmission of pictures or live from-the-scene reports back to the station.
• Must possess vision and hearing acuity, clear and audible speech.
• Manual dexterity in use of keyboard, videotape machines, cameras and another broadcast equipment.
• Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
• Must be able to work in outdoor and inclement weather conditions.
• Must be willing to work from office in Sacramento (Including our DMA)
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Job Code: 19-06
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online