Univision 19 KUVS - DTVSacramento, CA
Full Time Job
Show Host (18-03)
Univision, Sacramento, seeks a Show Host for its live morning show airing Monday - Friday from 6:00AM - 7:00AM. This is a full time position and requires very early morning work hours. This position is a versatile on-air ''personality'' focusing on sales integration, entertainment, sports, health, wellness and technology content. Host must be able to exercise good judgement and journalistic principles with regard to what constitutes ''good taste'' and must be able to work within guidelines provided by Executive Producer and Univsion's Broadcast Standards department. Position reports directly to Assistant News Director and must work closely and collaboratively with co-host, editorial staff and technical crew. This position will also have Multimedia Journalist job duties in the Sacramento, Modesto, Stockton area (DMA).
• The Show Host must be capable of being a creative story teller; and have the ability to develop different stories and interviews geared towads a broad variety of guests/subjects;
• The Show Host is responsible for writing, translating copy and producing his/her segments during the morning show as well as topical briefs after the show.
• The Show Host will act as presenter /reporter/writer/content producer with the goal of providing viewers with useful news content and community information, viewers can use on a daily basis;
• Position requires that candidate be completely comfortable with unscripted, and impromptu interviews conducted in flawless Spanish and English;
• Position must be able to generate enterprising morning show topic stories, news stories, social media content and sweeps ideas on a regular basis;
• Other duties as deemed necessary
Required Skills & Experience
Candidate must have a minimum of 2 years on-camera television experience, preferably in Spanish language television. Candidate must have the solid ability to read and write fluently in Spanish/English with excellent command of the Spanish language. Must have a very polished, upbeat and professional on-air appearance; comfortable working in front of a cameras during a live broadcast, and speaking before large groups of people. Must have the ability and flexibility to work additional hours, holidays and weekends, when needed; ability to work well within extreme deadlines, and in a deadline driven environment. Knowledge of how to work with television equipment and production crew. Fundamental understanding and knowledge with non-linear video editing and production is necessary.
Desired Skills & Experience
Must have great communication skills and the ability to work well and collobratively with a diversied group of individuals. Work schedule requires the ability to work very early morning hours. Must have knowledge of word, excel, experience working with AVID, INEWS a plus. Must have the capability and ability of representing the company in a variety of public events.
Ability to stand, walk, bend, type, edit, reach and sit for up to (8) hours. Must have the ability to lift and carry up to 30 lbs. for extended periods of time.
• Must be have the ability to work from office in Sacramento, CA
• Employment/education will be verified
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
• Must have a valid California driver's license with a good driving record
Job Code: 18-03
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online