Junior Publicist - Universal Pictures
Universal PicturesLondon, UK
This was removed by the employer on 10/19/2021 6:09:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Junior Publicist - Universal Pictures jobs in London-UK
Search all Junior Publicist - Universal Pictures postings
Full Time Job
Junior Publicist - Universal Pictures (1 year FTC)
Universal Pictures International (UPI) is the International Distribution and Marketing division for Universal Pictures. In the United Kingdom, Austria, Spain, Italy, Germany, Switzerland, the Netherlands, France, Russia, Korea, Hong Kong, Australia, New Zealand, Mexico, Brazil, India and China, UPI directly markets and distributes movies through its local offices, creating campaigns and release strategies that respond to the culture and market behaviour of those territories. In other parts of the world, UPI partners with Paramount and Sony in the distribution of all three companiesâ€™ films. Universal Pictures is part of NBCUniversal, one of the worldâ€™s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Based in London and reporting to the Head of Publicity, the EMEA Publicity team is responsible for the strategic planning, implementation, and project management of integrated Publicity campaigns across all Universal theatrical releases in EMEA to meet strategic objectives and support business priorities. The teamâ€™s objectives is to work closely and consistently collaborate with all EMEA teams to provide strategic publicity input as well as broader marketing strategy contributions to ensure the execution of a holistic theatrical marketing campaigns across the region.
The EMEA Publicity group is here to work with local publicity teams to understand specific local market strategies, concerns and nuances while also articulating a broader EMEA regional perspective communicating back to home office teams to find solutions and compromises designed to maximize local territory box office. It will be crucial for the team to expand relationships with second tier markets, sharing UKFIGS expertise across all territories in order to achieve local publicity team development and box office growth in these markets.
Overall, the team is here to facilitate bringing together markets from across the region overseeing the implementation of key home office priorities, driving the adoption of best practices and idea-sharing, ensuring that local markets have the support and resources they need from the local, Regional, or international level to achieve excellence in publicity and overall marketing campaigns.
- Work in tandem with one specific Publicity team, responsible for coordinating and implementing campaigns and assets for Universal theatrical EMEA releases.
- Manage the trailer launch process in EMEA.
- Work closely with colleagues and territory publicity teams to ensure the strategic direction for each release is successfully implemented.
- Main press contact for all international junkets/press days in EMEA.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with EMEA press and territory teams.
- Manage EMEA press interview schedules for junkets/press days including creating talent grids to take into consideration the strategic imperatives, talent work hours, priority territories and growth markets for each release.
- Liaise with talent reps, where applicable, in order to maximise efficiency with time zones
- Participate and engage in brainstorming sessions with the wider publicity team to shape publicity campaigns and strategy, regardless of film split.
Identify â€˜out of the boxâ€™ publicity activities for talent and press to support releases (press excursions with stunt coordinators, etc.)
- Produce timely and accurate reports and presentations on publicity activities.
- Work with the team coordinator and intern on all COVID req, finance, travel glam and logistics
- Press Events
- Long Leads / Touring / Creative Content Days / Junkets / Set Visits
- Oversee and manage nomination calls for EMEA press junkets, long lead days, set visits etc.
- Liaise with Publicity teams and Creative on junket assets and materials, photo backdrops etc.
- Talent handle at EMEA premieres, tours, festivals, press days and assist with BAFTA/film festival logistics for nominated talent.
- Travel on EMEA tours when required as a studio representative for filmmakers/talent/executives.
- Manage costume and prop tours - securing assets, coordinating insurance, shipping and set-up in each EMEA market.
- Create publicity â€˜biblesâ€™ for use at EMEA festivals, junket and tours and assemble information for touring schedules hotel charts, mobile phone lists etc.
- Connect and compile reports on EMEA phone interviews.
- Manage Universal Executive attendance for EMEA events, assisting in travel and hotels for LA based Executives at UK premieres.
- Maintain existing London hotel relationships and source new opportunities and partnerships.
- Work with the Head of EMEA Publicity to seek out new and different approaches and ideas to bring a fresh perspective to each release. Ensure that recommended ideas are in line with the overall strategy.
Please see above