Head Of Publicity
Universal PicturesLondon, UK
This was removed by the employer on 11/30/2021 6:14:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Head Of Publicity jobs in London-UK
Search all Head Of Publicity postings
Full Time Job
Head of Publicity
Universal Pictures International (UPI) is the International Distribution and Marketing division for Universal Pictures. In the United Kingdom, Austria, Spain, Italy, Germany, Switzerland, the Netherlands, France, Russia, Korea, Hong Kong, Australia, New Zealand, Mexico, Brazil, India and China, UPI directly markets and distributes movies through its local offices, creating campaigns and release strategies that respond to the culture and market behaviour of those territories. In other parts of the world, UPI partners with Paramount and Sony in the distribution of all three companies' films. Universal Pictures is part of NBCUniversal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Based in London and reporting to the Marketing Director EMEA, the EMEA Publicity team is responsible for the strategic planning, implementation, and project management of integrated Publicity campaigns across all Universal theatrical releases in EMEA to meet strategic objectives and support business priorities. The team's objectives is to work closely and consistently collaborate with all EMEA teams to provide strategic publicity input as well as broader marketing strategy contributions to ensure the execution of a holistic theatrical marketing campaigns across the region.
The EMEA Publicity group is here to work with local publicity teams to understand specific local market strategies, concerns and nuances while also articulating a broader EMEA regional perspective communicating back to home office teams to find solutions and compromises designed to maximize local territory box office. It will be crucial for the team to expand relationships with second tier markets, sharing UKFIGS expertise across all territories in order to achieve local publicity team development and box office growth in these markets.
Overall, the team is here to facilitate bringing together markets from across the region overseeing the implementation of key home office priorities, driving the adoption of best practices and idea-sharing, ensuring that local markets have the support and resources they need from the local, Regional, or international level to achieve excellence in publicity and overall marketing campaigns.
- Big picture title specific marketing campaign accountability for the EMEA region.
- Close liaison with territory publicists to interpret head office strategy.
- Understand and represent local territory campaign needs in terms of creative, content, promotions, symphony.
- Cross territory collaboration and big idea sharing.
- Identify and pitch to HO regional creative content opportunities.
- Universal big brand accountability for the EMEA region (Fast, Jurassic, Illumination, Dreamworks, Blumhouse).
- Management of special marketing projects (e.g. pan regional events, pan regional exhibitor opportunities).
- Partnership development and accountability (exhibition, broadcast partners and music).
- Work closely with the SVP Global publicity and various team leaders on each specific Universal theatrical title to develop a strategic publicity plan through to release.
- Build effective working relationships across the marketing team, reporting on campaign progress.
- Work with cross divisional teams to drive synergies across EMEA
- Responsible for managing the publicity budget for EMEA activities on designated theatrical releases.
- Work to main campaign budgets and maintain budget reconciliation for EMEA activities.
- Take a lead role in supplier negotiations for Press Tours, International junkets & set visits.
- Ensure regular updates are given to the head of the department and team leaders on territory progress/status within any given campaign.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of internal systems including PUMA (Marketing Portal) Upimedia (Press Images Site) and SAP (Finance Tool).
- Act as point of escalation for any immediate issues that need mitigation.
- Act as principal point of contact for EMEA territory publicity teams on the title and report back on status to the Home Office Publicity teams, as well as Senior Executives.
- Ensure second tier markets are aligned on strategy and creative needs are serviced
- Ensure that all communication going out is within strategy and guidelines.
- Seek out new and different approaches and ideas to bring freshness to each film whilst ensure that recommended ideas are within strategy.
- Proactively bring new and different ideas and examples of innovative publicityâ€'' whether tactical or strategic â€'' to attention of the publicity team to spark new thinking.
- Leverage use of data to inform and expand publicity campaign planning and opportunities across the region.
Please see above