Director Of Casting Administration
Universal PicturesUniversal City, CA
Full Time Job
The Filmed Entertainment Group encompasses the Universal Pictures Group, Focus Features, and Universal Pictures Home Entertainment. The overall landscape of Film includes distinct business functions that each touch a key segment area in the overall lifecycle of a film, from ideation to premiere. We are a group of storytellers that want to bring in driven, dedicated, and diverse talent into our organization to continue creating and curating stories for many decades to come.
Director of Casting Administration oversees the Casting Administration Department for the Universal Pictures Group. This position will report to the SVP and Head of Legal Affairs of Universal Pictures.
• Serve as the supervisor of the Casting Administration Department staff, responsible for overseeing the day-to day- operations of the department, including hiring, training, counselling and evaluating performance.
• Liaise with Casting Directors, Production Coordinators and Extras Casting Directors to ensure compliance with Studio's Casting Administration procedures and policies. Meetings are in person or by phone, depending on the location of production and casting offices.
• Draft all non-Schedule F performer agreements (actors, stunt performers, background upgrades, pilots, singers, dancers, puppeteers, looping).
• Identify and implement improvements to forms and processes.
• Advise on questions that arise under SAG collective bargaining agreement.
• Minimum 5 years of relevant experience
• Bachelor's degree required
• Demonstrated past relevant leadership experience.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment and change priority/direction as needed throughout day.
• Ability to work extended hours as needed, this may include nights and weekends.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through the link below to be considered
• Must be willing to work at the Universal Pictures Los Angeles Office.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols if the Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
• Experience working in feature casting or feature production.
• Background in production and knowledge of SAG Collective Bargaining Agreement preferred
• Superior organizational skills and ability to handle and track a high-volume workload
• Excellent attention to detail
• Demonstrated initiative; self-starter and accountable