Director, Digital Marketing
Universal PicturesUniversal City, CA
Full Time Job
Do you speak in movie quotes? Are you the social guru in your bubble? Does a color-coded spreadsheet light your fire? If you said â€œmeâ€ to any of the above, then you should keep reading becauseâ€¦
Universal Pictures Marketing is seeking a Director of Digital Marketing to report into a dedicated team charged in the execution of global theatrical and franchise film campaigns. In addition, this team leads the brand and editorial channels for Universal Pictures, guiding the TOV and visual style, bringing a fan first approach to Universal's social. Still sound good? Keep reading!
The right candidate must have a deep understanding of, and passion for digital marketing and the entertainment space with experience building large organic and paid media campaigns on social and digital platforms. Bring an innovative, impactful and forward-thinking approach.
They should be intimately familiar with the digital creative process and adept at building creative for multiple territories that align back to a central film strategy. Everything is Global.
They should also be experts in social strategy, voice, creative and community management, digital platforms and apps, emerging technology, and AR/VR executions. There's that â€œsocial guruâ€ part.
They also need to have a proven track record of innovation in the digital space and an ability to think big and â€œout of the boxâ€ to break through, drive awareness and generate earned media for our films. If you snooze...
This person must have experience navigating different personalities and skillsets and be comfortable and adept at communicating clearly with a global marketing organization, filmmakers, studio executives and with all levels of colleagues.
Culture is key, and the right person is a â€œweâ€ not a â€œmeâ€ person and believes a good idea can come from anywhere. With that said, they are also a team player and are confident in their ability to effectively communicate goals and directives internally and externally.
Lastly, this person must have a genuine passion for film and an innate understanding of storytelling. We want you to love what you do and show it.
This position reports to a VP of Digital Marketing, with oversight from the department SVP and EVP.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
• Creative Development for paid and organic placements including: social content and brand appropriate tone-of-voice, websites, and platform specific content (vertically optimized, AR/VR, lenses, filters etc.)
• Collaborate and advise with territories on big initiatives and key creative
• Manage and coordinate digital campaign components across multiple territories, from in-production content, trailer launch, campaign strategy share-outs, and main campaign asset sharing
• Identify and help execute global platform opportunities for select campaigns
• Lead the RFP process and the selection of and management of agency partners to execute our campaigns
• Collaborate and engage with other areas within the marketing department (creative advertising, media, publicity, research, multicultural, data, research, partnerships) to ensure that digital extensions are fully integrated into campaigns
• Build always-on social campaigns for key franchise titles beyond their theatrical window, maintaining engaged communities while partnering with NBCU brand teams to support products and initiatives throughout the year
• 7 years of experience in a marketing position
• 4 years of experience in digital marketing
• 2 years of experience working in a global structure
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Four-year college degree in marketing or related field is preferred
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or must undergo regular COVID-19 testing if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
• Thorough knowledge of the entertainment industry
• Strong written and communication skills at all levels
• Experience working directly with filmmakers and creative vendors