Assistant Manager, Global Brand Marketing
Universal PicturesUniversal City, CA
Full Time Job
As part of the Universal Pictures Home Entertainment Brand Marketing group, this team works to release titles into home entertainment on both digital and physical formats. The Assistant Brand Manager holds an essential role in the strategy, budgeting, planning, analysis, and execution of product releases and campaigns. You will be assigned direct responsibility for a portfolio of film and TV titles. Working with your supervisor, youâ€™ll be the champion for your product across the organization and with external partners, including digital marketing, creative services, legal, sales, finance, operations, and more. Your main goal is to maximize the profitability of each release, while ensuring that stakeholder needs are met. You will also own various ongoing processes and meetings to support the operations of the team. This is a dynamic, challenging role with variety, great visibility across the organization, and exceptional learning opportunities.
The Assistant Manager day-to-day responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Owner of the Marketing P&L on Assigned Titles. Gather cost information from cross-functional teams, perform analyses, and secure approvals from stakeholders. Develop sales goals by looking at performance of comp titles and adjusting for market and other factors. Secure approval for goals and budgets. Oversee the execution of marketing plans to ensure projects are executed to budget and profitability is maximized.
• Collaborate across the organization to ensure that studio and internal stakeholder needs are being met. Proactively build agendas for regular calls and track deliverables. Maintain timelines.
• Work with your supervisor to develop global product strategy. Create marketing briefs and creative asset requests; ensure that all project creative materials are executed according to strategy. Support International physical and digital teams to greenlight titles, initiate the creation of needed assets, and approve requests. Work closely with SDS (a joint venture who handles sales, manufacturing, and other functions for our physical business), brand partners, creative teams, third party studios, and more to oversee execution.
• Oversee the Monthly Goaling process with our third-party studio partner. Work with international marketing staff to propose and gather sales goals, marketing budgets, and other key release details. Work with the teamâ€™s coordinator to set up rights and other title details into systems.
• Be responsive to partner studio inquiries across all aspects of the business.
• Lead dialogue on projects at marketing team meetings. Discuss upcoming deadlines and communicate updates as needed. Ensure all teams are executing smoothly/on schedule.
• Pitch your films in various venues, from informal team calls to retailer presentations to large-scale sales meetings. Create and distribute sales sheets and PowerPoint slides.
• Set up and maintain titles in UPHE systems. Work with the Operations, Creative and Finance teams to create item numbers, component numbers, and project codes. Ensure that legal rights are documented.
• Produce campaign reports, compile key learnings, and conduct appropriate post-analyses.
• Actively contribute your marketing expertise and insights and do your part to build a smarter, collaborative, and successful organization.
• Additional duties as assigned.
The responsibilities associated with this position are not limited to the above description and may be modified at any time by the company.
• Bachelorâ€™s degree, particularly in marketing or business and/or equivalent experience in a consumer marketing role.
• Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Teams, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA.
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
• Strong skills using Microsoft Excel and Smartsheet, or related tools, to process data is particularly desirable.
• Knowledge of filmed entertainment, home entertainment, and independent film industry.
• Strategic thinking and analytical skills, including experience in building, evaluating, and managing budgets.
• Project planning/management, problem solving and organizational skills.
• Exceptional communicator; builds relationships and influence teams at various levels throughout the organization.
• Ability to collaborate in a creative environment and evaluate creative materials critically.
• Adaptable to changing circumstances and uncertainty.
• Enthusiastic learner and teacher who is vested in the personal growth of yourself and others around you.
• Brings ideas to the table on principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion in our marketing and in the workplace.
• Embodies NBCU values of ownership, pioneering spirit, teamwork, creativity, and integrity.