West Coast Regional, Promotion
Universal Music GroupHollywood, CA
Full Time Job
Caroline is the Independent Services division of Capitol Music Group, providing a full range of label services and revenue streams for Caroline’s artists, releases and label associations on a worldwide basis, including Marketing, Promotion, Commercial Development, Branding, Synch & Licensing, Lifestyle Marketing, Business Affairs and Finance.
The Director, Promotion West Coast Regional will build and develop relationships with determined radio outlets throughout the US West Coast in order to seek and secure airplay, promotional, & marketing opportunities. Explore and exploit all avenues in the market region via radio and its related media to enhance the exposure of our artists, and increase revenues for the company.
• Work with music radio station programmers in a specified region of the US West Coast to seek and secure airplay, increased spins, and promotional opportunities for Caroline artist releases. Explore and exploit all avenues in the market region via radio to contribute to the priorities and goals of the department.
• Secure and maintain airplay on radio stations in assigned market.
• Identify, foster, and maintain strong working relationship with radio station programmers in specified region to acquire airplay for artists.
• Maximize airplay and implement creative and innovative promotional opportunities to achieve a record’s greatest chart potential and audience impact.
• Monitor e-mail and voice mail and respond in a timely manner to radio & media personnel as well as national staff inquiries involving artist or song activity in the market.
• Contact stations on a weekly basis.
• Promote new and current singles through radio station contacts and relationship building.
• Implement on air promotions for artists
• Devise promotion plays for region to expose acts outside of radio airplay.
• Act as liaison with stations for local contests and promotions.
• Generate weekly tracking logs.
• Radio, Promotion, Marketing and/or sales background a plus
• Relationship building and maintaining
• Negotiation and persuasiveness
• Vast knowledge of music radio and artists.
• Travel may be required.
• Strong relationship skills.
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
• College degree or equivalent career experience.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.