Director, Release Management
Universal Music GroupSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
The specific group is responsible for managing the end to end Supply Chain to set up, manufacture and distribute time sensitive media product to a demanding retail and consumer market.
The Director Release Management is responsible for managing all Supply Chain processes pertaining to Release Media product. This Director provides oversight and direction to personnel within the team. This position is responsible for setting up bill of materials and any associated pricing, purchase order placement, management, as well as coordination of inventory planning processes with manufacturing vendors, distribution and the inventory management team.
How you'll CREATE:
Personnel and Training Management
• The Director has responsibility for managing, supporting and developing a team of Managers / Analysts. The Director has responsibility for ensuring that their team understands the responsibilities of their roles, and that they have received adequate training and access to resources to ensure that they can complete their responsibilities. The Director is responsible for providing their direct reports with performance expectations and goals, and for ensuring that timely feedback on performance is provided
• Identify training and cross-training opportunities for the team through all Production functional areas, processes, and systems. This will include reviewing purchase orders, ensuring timely release milestone management, monitoring procurement timeliness, accuracy and execution, and ensuring excellent customer service.
New Release Campaign Management:
• Oversight for the management of specified New Release single and corrugate promotions, which requires developing, maintaining, and monitoring timelines and critical path milestones. Successful management of this process must insure that coordination takes place across the supply chain, improving promotional visibility between all Platform Clients and vendors. Responsibilities include end-to-end promotional planning and execution processes, analysing sales forecasts and historical information, identifying sales patterns and consistencies, providing suggested procurement quantities for finished goods and related components, and placement of procurement orders.
Procurement and Inventory Planning
• Work with assigned labels to determine and set up bills of materials (BOM's) and provide any necessary pricing
• Determine inventory requirements for release titles and ensure purchase orders are accurately placed in a timely manner
• Track critical path milestones and procure finished goods and raw materials through release date to facilitate fulfillment of all customer orders on schedule
• Act as account representative for all inquiries relating to inventory positions from inception through release date
• Participate in key meetings pertaining to releases
Vendor Management and Customer Service
• The Director is responsible for managing certain Customer and Vendor relationships, including issue resolution management, status briefings, performance management, KPI's, communication optimization, and process/procedure development. The Director must act as an advocate for the customer/vendor within the Platform organization and provide top notch customer service and accountability while driving results.
• Provide excellent customer service to UMe, including providing timelines, pricing and reporting for all New Release activity through street date
• Performs special projects and ad hoc analysis as requested by management or as required for their assigned accounts
• Provide inventory management team with forecasted shipment needs in order to assist with supply chain planning
Process Improvement, System Enhancement, Documentation, Operational and KPI Reporting
• The Director will oversee and evaluate current processes and systems, recommending process and system enhancements and modifications to management. Develop, evaluate, document, and improve department / inter-department processes and implement recommendations. Conduct and coordinate root cause analysis and corrective measure documentation internally and externally to ensure success of the total supply chain.
• Ensure that internal processes and procedures are created, documented, and implemented as they relate directly to systems, database records, legal documents, account profiles, physical processes, and people. Develop and implement process tracking to assist in the overall management of the group. Ensure that their direct reports have the training necessary to effectively perform their day-to-day responsibilities.
• The Director owns responsibility for the development and utilization of reports and performance indicators to be used by the Senior Director. They must provide planned and ad hoc reporting as scheduled and/or requested. Develop and provide materials that may be used in presentations to Platform client departments (Sales, Marketing, Production), and/or customers. Develop and present additional KPI reporting capability for group functionality to Senior Director and/or upper management. Additional responsibilities include the evaluation and modification of internal and external reporting.
Bring your VIBE:
• Ability to analyze data and trends, make educated conclusions based upon data and execute transactions driving real results
• Ability to apply learned forecast analytics.
• Demonstrates experience in extracting and segmenting data to facilitate data analysis.
• Is adept at implementing and/or designing statistical metrics.
• Demonstrated skills and abilities to analyze and inventory data and make reasonable recommendations
• Knows how or where to obtain information; is resourceful.
• Working knowledge of Supply Chain analytical concepts
• Proven interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Expresses written ideas, thoughts, or facts in a clear, convincing, and organized way
• Embraces teamwork; shares ideas / methods to improve performance
Time Management Skills
• Prioritizes work activities; plans and stays organized in order to meet commitment and productivity standards
• Can seamlessly manage multiple projects and priorities
• Develops well thought out action plans
• Manages timelines; deals effectively with the challenges of a fast pace, high pressure environment
Leadership and Management Skills
• Proven ability to build and develop exceptional teams
• Effective at managing and delivering results
• Have the confidence to lead in a challenging and complex environment
• Can manage transformational and continuous change
Other Required Skills
• Takes ownership and responsibility for work progress
• Is a highly detail oriented individual
• Takes independent action and works autonomously.
• Takes initiative and seeks increased responsibilities.
• General understanding of manufacturing, and supply chain operations
• Required: English
• Any other language is an asset
• Service delivery orientation
• Analytical, data driven approach
• End to end supply chain services orientation
• Positive mindset, attitude and behavior
• Embraces and drives change in alignment with an ever changing business environment
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (MS, Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Visio)
• Strong Excel skills required
• SAP Experience