Senior Writer, Brand Voice
United Talent AgencyLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
UTA Brand Studio is seeking a passionate Senior Writer, Brand Voice to join its team. Part brand strategist and part creative writer, in this position you will play a leadership role in creating original brand voice concepts and strategy, as well as delivering inspiring written content for implementation and application of the studio's largest client projects. You will also work with senior leadership across the larger agency to create innovative editorial content for marketing and communication programs built in collaboration with various development groups such as Corporate Communications, HR, Foundation, and Data & Analytics. Reporting to the Studio's Executive Creative Director, the position is heavy on creative execution as you will help develop new and emerging client venture brands, co-creating on their brand narrative and voice, writing effective and engaging copy for a range of branded touchpoints including digital and print applications, e-commerce/retail content, product / packaging copy, and developing new business pitch decks, and sales materials for brand launch. You will also be responsible for assisting the studio's team and agency leadership with crafting compelling language that adds up to a unique voice for traditional agency programs and communications. A strong creative point-of-view, a passion for strategic rigor and brand insights, and a dedication to content ideation is vital for success.
The Brand Studio is UTA's in-house strategic design group that delivers award-winning, best-in-class creative solutions on behalf of the agency as well as the top tier of its industry-leading client roster of actors, writers, producers, directors, and influencers. We have been incubated within UTA-one of the world's largest entertainment, media, and talent agencies-since 2012.
What you'll do
• Answer brand and identity development briefs with insightful and compelling creative ideation and work within the creative team to develop engaging, strategic brand narratives and editorial content
• Develop and deliver on overarching strategic brand vision based on client's businesses, market insights, and brand objectives
• Work with research teams to uncover industry and market-related insights and identify opportunities for differentiated creative considerations and brand voice development
• Write original, channel-relevant, engaging brand content that delivers on the brand narrative
• Vary tone and language messages based on medium, target audience, and brand / product while maintaining client/venture brand voice
• Develop and deliver compelling written communications on behalf of the agency and its myriad program materials developed in partnership with the Brand Studio
What you'll need
• Bachelor's Degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Advertising, or a related area or equivalent experience
• Minimum of 7+ years of related experience with concept, narrative, brand voice, and editorial development in a brand design studio, marketing firm, ad agency, or equivalent in-house environment
• Exhibit a high degree of personal drive and can pursue your own intuition and vision
• Clear and concise writing proficiency that can distill complex ideas into easily understood and compelling language
• Passion for entertainment, lifestyle-brand building, music, sports and digital / youth culture
• Exceptional ability to immerse yourself in a brand ecosystem in order to develop a knowledge base of category differences, audiences, insights, and creative opportunities
• A professional, detail-oriented approach to work product with strong copywriting skills to drive content development for multiple communication channels
• Conceptual and strategic thinking skills with the ability to balance innovative approaches with clear business and brand objectives
• Ability to work on multiple concurrent projects, ensuring deliverables are achieved on time, while maintaining the highest standards of quality and creativity
• Ability to "think on one's feet" in a fast-paced, agency environment
• Positive, open-minded, glass-half full, collaborative mentality that thrives in a small team environment
What You'll Get
• The unique and exciting opportunity to work at one of the leading global entertainment companies.
• Access to the tools, leadership, and resources you'll need to create and drive a center of excellence
• The opportunity to do the best work of your career
• Competitive benefits and programs to support your well-being
UTA unites ideas, opportunities and talent. The company represents some of the world's most iconic, barrier-breaking artists, creators and changemakers-from actors, athletes and musicians to writers, gamers and digital influencers. One of the most influential companies in global entertainment, UTA's business spans talent representation, content production, as well as strategic advisory and marketing work with some of the world's biggest brands. Affiliated companies include Digital Brand Architects, KLUTCH Sports Group, Curtis Brown Group, and MediaLink. UTA is headquartered in Los Angeles with offices in Atlanta, Chicago, Nashville, New York and London.
For more information: https://www.unitedtalent.com/about/
UTA and its Affiliated Companies are Equal Employment Opportunity employers and welcome all job seekers including individuals with disabilities and veterans with disabilities.