Senior Revenue Accountant
United Talent AgencyLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
UTA is seeking a Senior Revenue Accountant to join its Accounting team. The Senior Revenue Accountant will be tasked with the accurate and timely monthly close of revenue. The Senior Revenue Accountant will support the Manager of Revenue Accounting in coordination of any consolidation and financial reporting revenue related tasks as well as any communication with the Corporate Accounting Team. The ideal candidate will be a team player, problem solver, detail-oriented, effective communicator, have high integrity, and should be able to excel in a fast-paced work environment.
What You Will Do
• Execution of monthly revenue close process to ensure that revenue is recognized in accordance with U.S. GAAP and the Company's revenue recognition policies
• Prepare revenue manual journal entries complete with necessary supporting documentation and schedules
• Review new bookings entered into the system on a daily basis to validate the accuracy of the booking based on the contract deal terms and performance dates
• Review exception reports on a weekly basis to validate transactions are flowing appropriately through the system
• Prepare revenue related account reconciliations and analysis for income statement and balance sheet on a monthly basis
• Work cross functionally with Technical Accounting, Sales Operations, and Finance on policies, processes, and programs to help drive key system initiatives and improvements
• Assist with financial statement footnotes for revenue related areas
• Assist with annual financial statement audit requests
• Assist with special projects as needed
What You Will Need
• 2+ years of Accounting experience
• Big 4 or other national public accounting firm experience preferred
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
• CPA or working towards CPA
• Entertainment experience preferred
• NetSuite experience a plus
• Highly organized with strong attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
What You Will Get
• The unique and exciting opportunity to work at one of the leading global entertainment and sports companies.
• Access to the tools, leadership, and resources you will need to create and drive a center of excellence.
• The opportunity to do the best work of your career.
• Work in an inclusive and diverse company culture
• Competitive benefits and programs to support your well-being.
UTA is one of the world's leading talent and entertainment companies. We help the world's most inspiring people make the world a more inspiring place. Many of our colleagues spend their careers here. It's one of the reasons UTA is considered among the entertainment industry's best places to work.