Senior Executive, Strategy & Corporate Development
United Talent AgencyLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 3/4/2021 3:19:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Agency/Management Category
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Search for Senior Executive, Strategy & Corporate Development jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Senior Executive, Strategy & Corporate Development postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Executive, Strategy & Corporate Development? United Talent Agency, a leading entertainment and sports agency based in Beverly Hills, CA, is seeking a Senior Executive for its Strategy and Corporate Development Group. The Senior Executive will report to the Chief Strategy Officer and work closely with UTA's COO, CEO, CFO, and other executives and agents on significant corporate strategic growth initiatives and selected agency client deals. Specific title to be determined based on candidate's experience.
What You Will Do
• Lead M&A transactions, including analyzing, negotiating, structuring, and executing deals, as well as overseeing due diligence and definitive documentation processes
• Assist in leading corporate and business unit strategic planning efforts, across film, TV, talent, sports, music, gaming, podcasting, licensing, endorsements, ventures, marketing services, and other sectors
• Work closely with CFO and finance team on corporate finance initiatives, including private equity and credit agreements with banks/lenders
• Lead efforts to expand UTA into new business verticals and geographic regions
• Assist in preparing UTA board meeting materials and managing relationship with UTA's private equity investors
• Analyze and assess minority investment opportunities across variety of media, entertainment, sports, and consumer lifestyle sectors
• Work closely with clients and UTA agents on developing new business ventures and selected advisory assignments, including capital raising and selling client companies
• Manage team on financial, valuation, and other modeling efforts, preparing presentations for UTA management, stakeholders, and clients, and conducting research and analysis
• Liaise on key projects with UTA executives, agents, and third-parties (e.g., investment bankers, attorneys, accountants, managers, etc.)
What You Will Need
• Minimum of 6+ years of relevant experience at leading investment bank, strategy consulting firm, and/or traditional or digital media & entertainment company in analytical strategy & corporate development role
• Excellent academic track record from top-tier university; MBA preferred
• Strong analytic and strategic thinking skills, expertise in finance, valuation, accounting, and financial modeling (Excel), and ability to effectively communicate and develop compelling presentations (PowerPoint); strong ability to analyze, structure, and negotiate deal opportunities
• Passion and knowledge about the business side of traditional & emerging media & entertainment, music, sports, and consumer lifestyle sectors
• Team player, proactive, results-oriented, problem-solver, strategic thinker, highly organized, flexible, and strong analytical skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Series 7, 63 and/or 79 license(s) preferred
What You Will Get
• The unique and exciting opportunity to work at one of the leading global entertainment companies
• Access to the tools, leadership, and resources you will need to create and drive a center of excellence
• The opportunity to do the best work of your career
• Work in an inclusive and diverse company culture
• Competitive benefits and programs to support your well-being
UTA is one of the world's leading talent and entertainment companies. We help the world's most inspiring people make the world a more inspiring place. Many of our colleagues spend their careers here. It's one of the reasons UTA is considered among the entertainment industry's best places to work.
At UTA, the belief in the client relationship is paramount and marked by respect, a sense of stewardship, and a commitment to an artist's entire creative life. Our commitment to every employee is the same.
For more information: https://www.unitedtalent.com/about/
UTA and its Affiliated Companies are Equal Employment Opportunity employers and welcome all job seekers including individuals with disabilities and veterans with disabilities. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.