Music Brand Partnerships, Hip Hop
United Talent AgencyLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The music brand partnerships team is a marketing division responsible for creating nontraditional sales and marketing partnerships for UTA's roster of music artists. That includes driving incremental promotional and revenue opportunities through integrated marketing, endorsements, sponsorships, licensing, original content, merchandising, artist brand development and live performance. The music brand partnerships team also assists in artist signings, creating strategic alliances with brands and advertising communities, and providing consultative services to corporate clients. The team is the music divisions cross-company liaison for all UTA brand teams.
The Music Brand Partnerships & Strategic Marketing Executive is responsible for creating and managing brand and agency partnerships for UTA Music's Global Hip-Hop roster.
What You Will Need
• Candidate must have 7+ years of experience in strategic marketing, partner marketing, and business development, preferably in music
• Must have a deep understanding of brands and agencies that with demonstrated commitment to the future growth of the Hip-Hop genre on a global basis.
• Has their finger on the pulse of Hip-Hop music, its artists and culture.
• Track record of successfully closing new business and developing and maintaining client relationships
• Extensive experience in contract negotiations and marketing program development and execution
• Deep understanding and experience with music licensing
• Impeccable organizational and time management skills and strong attention to detail
• Superb written and verbal communications skills and an always can-do attitude
• Ability to create impeccable marketing assets and presentations
• Rigorous analytical and quantitative skills
• Desire and capacity to operate in an incredibly face-paced, multifaceted, demanding environment
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint a must
• College degree preferred with a focus on music or marketing preferred
• Fluent Spanish language skills a plus
What You Will Do
• Oversees all brand, agency, and music licensing partnerships for UTA Music's Hip-Hop roster
• Accountable for achieving revenue and promotional goals set by music partnerships team
• Serve as the expert and champion for UTA and its music clients across internal and external stakeholders
• Provide expert direction and oversight across strategy development, contract negotiations/management, and marketing activation development/executions
• Prospect, cold call, qualify and develop relationships with brands and agencies
• Assist in client pursuits with the music team and across all internal divisions
• Serve as the expert and leader in the music brand partnerships space for internal and external stakeholders
• Impeccable customer service skills and the ability to manage multiple accounts and projects at any given time
• Creative out of the box thinker with a business/marketing mindset who is always proactive and comes to the table with new ideas and new ways of thinking that will be of particular benefit to the Hip Hop Community.
What You Will Get
• The unique and exciting opportunity to work at one of the leading global entertainment companies.
• Access to the tools, leadership and resources you'll need to create and drive a center of excellence
• The opportunity to do the best work of your career
• Work in an inclusive and diverse company culture
• Competitive benefits and programs to support your well-being
UTA is one of the world's leading talent and entertainment companies. We help the world's most inspiring people make the world a more inspiring place. Many of our colleagues spend their careers here. It's one of the reasons UTA is considered among the entertainment industry's best places to work.
At UTA, the belief in the client relationship is paramount and marked by respect, a sense of stewardship, and a commitment to an artist's entire creative life. Our commitment to every employee is the same.
UTA seeks the innovators, the entrepreneurs. The talented, the creative, the thoughtful. And, the passionate, who share our love for the work all of us are privileged to do. For more information: https://www.unitedtalent.com/about/
UTA and its Affiliated Companies are Equal Employment Opportunity employers and welcome all job seekers including individuals with disabilities and veterans with disabilities.