Manager, Revenue Accounting
United Talent AgencyLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
UTA is seeking a Manager of Revenue Accounting in our Los Angeles office. The role of the Manager of Revenue Accounting is to execute on the deliverables and responsibilities of the CTAG (Corporate Technical Accounting Group). Specifically, this role will be responsible for execution of all aspects of revenue accounting, coordinating with auditors on revenue matters, as well as driving the resolution of revenue accounting matters. This individual will support the Director of Technical Accounting in all manners relevant to the maintenance of a GAAP revenue accounting environment.
What You Will Do
• Manage the monthly revenue close process to ensure that revenue is recognized in accordance with U.S. GAAP and the Company's revenue recognition policies
• Review new bookings entered into the system on a daily basis to validate the accuracy of the booking based on the contract deal terms and performance dates
• Review exception reports on a weekly basis to validate transactions are flowing appropriately through the system
• Prepare accounting memorandums and journal entries for revenue transactions, including the adoption of ASC 606
• Support the process of developing and maintaining UTA's revenue recognition policies and procedures
• Work cross functionally with Technical Accounting, Sales Operations, and Finance on policies, processes, and programs to help drive key system initiatives and improvements
• Support the external audit process
• Research new accounting pronouncements and assess impact to the Company
• Serve as a company-wide revenue accounting resource for ad-hoc questions and initiatives
• Assist with special projects as needed
What You Will Need
• 6+ years of relevant accounting experience; 3+ years of public accounting experience (Big 4 experience a plus)
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field strongly preferred
• CPA required
• Thorough understanding of US GAAP and the ability to research technical accounting issues
• ASC 606 experience
• Media and Entertainment experience preferred
• Ability to take the lead in drafting new technical accounting memos and assessments as needed
• Ability to communicate highly technical subjects to others with varying levels of accounting knowledge
• Highly organized with strong attention to detail
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
• Excellent analytical and communication skills, both verbal and written.
What You Will Get
• The unique and exciting opportunity to work at one of the leading global entertainment companies
• Access to the tools, leadership, and resources you will need to create and drive a center of excellence
• The opportunity to do the best work of your career
• Work in an inclusive and diverse company culture
• Competitive benefits and programs to support your well-being
UTA is one of the world's leading talent and entertainment companies. We help the world's most inspiring people make the world a more inspiring place. Many of our colleagues spend their careers here. It's one of the reasons UTA is considered among the entertainment industry's best places to work.
At UTA, the belief in the client relationship is paramount and marked by respect, a sense of stewardship, and a commitment to an artist's entire creative life. Our commitment to every employee is the same.
UTA and its Affiliated Companies are Equal Employment Opportunity employers and welcome all job seekers including individuals with disabilities and veterans with disabilities.