Manager, Music Client Payments
United Talent AgencyLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
UTA is seeking an experienced Manager, Music Client Payments to join its client payments team in the Finance & Accounting department. The Manager will be assigned a UTA department and will serve as the point person for all accounting issues related to that department. The Manager will be responsible for working closely with agents and assistants to capture timely and accurate booking information in a GAAP-compliant accounting environment. On a day-to-day basis, this role will review client bookings and modify existing bookings as necessary to reflect updated performance dates, meet with Agents/Assistants on a routine basis, and provide reporting to Agents to facilitate forecasting and collections. The Manager will establish and monitor quality metrics and continuously seek improvement in the process of tracking client bookings. The Manager will supervise 4-7 direct reports.
The role will pay an annual base salary of $130,000 - $140,000.
What You Will Do
• Meet with agents and assistants regularly to ensure complete and accurate booking data, reporting and collections of open receivables
• Oversee and manage 4-7 direct reports to ensure client payments are processed quickly and accurately and in compliance with all legal and tax requirements
• Liaise with clients and agents directly on invoices, statements, debits, tax matters (1099, 1042, etc.) and any account questions/concerns they may have
• Review and maintain client bookings for accuracy and completeness while taking into account revenue recognition standards
• Coordinate with the Cash Management team as necessary to ensure payments are applied to the correct booking
• Manage and calculate allocation of client revenue among agents
• Provide exceptional customer service to clients, agents and other stakeholders
• Understand accrual accounting, contracts administration, and systems to identify opportunities to improve the client booking process
• Build long-term relationships based on trust and confidentiality
• Assist with ad hoc requests
What You Need
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field strongly preferred
• Minimum of 7+ years of relevant experience within accounting and/or finance
• Solid relationship-building skills and ability to interact with individuals at all levels, including management
• High-energy level and a strong work ethic, and a self-starter with the ability to work independently but also collaboratively
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail
• Demonstrated ability to create processes and procedures while working in a very fast-paced environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong understanding of Revenue Recognition
• Previous experience in managing a team
• Entertainment experience preferred
• Prior experience in a customer service focused role a plus
• Proficient in all Microsoft Office products; exceptional skills in Excel
• Experience with financial & enterprise systems such as NetSuite
What You Will Get
• The unique and exciting opportunity to work at one of the leading global entertainment companies.
• Access to the tools, leadership and resources you'll need to create and drive a center of excellence
• The opportunity to do the best work of your career
• Work out of an amazing office – that happens to house one of the top modern art collections in the world
• Competitive benefits and programs to support your well-being
UTA unites ideas, opportunities and talent. The company represents some of the world's most iconic, barrier-breaking artists, creators and changemakers-from actors, athletes and musicians to writers, gamers and digital influencers. One of the most influential companies in global entertainment, UTA's business spans talent representation, content production, as well as strategic advisory and marketing work with some of the world's biggest brands. Affiliated companies include Digital Brand Architects, KLUTCH Sports Group, Curtis Brown Group, and MediaLink. UTA is headquartered in Los Angeles with offices in Atlanta, Chicago, Nashville, New York and London.
UTA and its Affiliated Companies are Equal Employment Opportunity employers and welcome all job seekers including individuals with disabilities and veterans with disabilities.
$130,000.00 - 140,000.00 per year