Manager, Gallery Operations
United Talent AgencyLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
UTA is seeking a Gallery Operations Manager in our Los Angeles office. The Gallery Ops Manager ensures that UTA Artist Space in Beverly Hills runs effectively and efficiently. This includes overseeing key administrative tasks, development initiatives, and facilitating and coordinating exhibitions and events from start to finish. Candidate must be able to efficiently multitask while working in a busy environment. Attention to detail, excellent communication, and creative problem-solving skills are required.
UTA Fine Art's department is the agency's expert on the world of Art. The team works with contemporary artists whose work intersects with entertainment, media, and culture. UTA Artist Space is an extension of United Talent Agency's commitment to the Los Angeles arts scene as much as it is a venue for showcasing global talent and new work. The new venue continues UTA's history of helping artists gain access to new and better opportunities; it solidifies UTA's reputation as a forward-thinking agency devoted to expanding and redefining the role of talent and literary agencies globally.
What You Will Do
• Manage all exhibition correspondence, including: exhibition agreements, condition reports, exhibition checklists, loan agreements, artist communications, scheduling artwork drop off/pick up, photography, and production.
• Coordinate and supervise install and de-install of all exhibitions, including packing and unpacking artwork, shipping, inventory artwork, etc.
• In partnership with the Fine Arts Executive and/or Guest Curator, support exhibition design and production of exhibition catalogs, and/or any additional visual materials.
• Collaborate with PR/Corporate Communications team on press and promotional materials (press release, image requests, video content, etc.)
• Format exhibition PDFs
• Manage gallery exhibition calendar
• Create proposals for exhibitions and site-specific projects
• Supports accountants by monitoring cash flow
• Manage exhibition budgets
• Update gallery website
What You Will Need
• Bachelor's degree in related field strongly preferred
• 3+ years experience in a gallery, or art institution required
• Knowledge of contemporary art
• Proficiency in Microsoft suite. Knowledgeable in InDesign, Photoshop, and ArtLogic is preferred
• Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently, interacting in a professional manner with artists, patrons and vendors.
• Through attention to detail
• Strong writing and communication skills
• Available to work occasional evenings and weekends
What You'll Get
• The unique and exciting opportunity to work at one of the leading global entertainment companies.
• Access to the tools, leadership and resources you'll need to create and drive a center of excellence
• The opportunity to do the best work of your career
• Competitive benefits and programs to support your well-being
• Opportunity to help represent some of the most important talent in the comedy business
• Opportunity to support and work closely with top corporate clients
UTA is one of the world's leading talent and entertainment companies. We help the world's most inspiring people make the world a more inspiring place. Many of our colleagues spend their careers here. It's one of the reasons UTA is considered among the entertainment industry's best places to work.
UTA seeks the innovators, the entrepreneurs, the talented, the creative, the thoughtful and, the passionate, who share our love for the work all of us are privileged to do.