Manager, Corporate Accounting
United Talent AgencyLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
UTA is seeking an Accounting Manager to join the team. The Accounting Manager will manage the month-end close for their respective line of businesses (LOBs) and ensuring the LOBs comply with all financial policies and US GAAP. The Accounting Manager will support the Corporate Accounting team with financial reporting and consolidations. The ideal candidate will be a team player, problem solver, detail-oriented, effective communicator, have high integrity, and should be able to excel in a fast-paced work environment.
What You Will Do
• Perform and review analysis of the financials and summarize results to Accounting Director
• Review journals entries and reconciliations performed by Senior Accountant
• Manage the month-end close process, including preparing journal entries and reconciliations
• Responsible for maintaining general process documentation for LOB
• Help drive process improvements through on-going evaluation of current procedures
• Manage, mentor, train and develop accounting support staff
• Assist with annual financial statement audit and monthly/quarterly reporting requirements
• Liaise with Corporate Technical Accounting Group on new guidance and pronouncements
• Prepare ad hoc reports and analysis, as requested
• Assist with special projects, as needed
What You Will Need
• 5+ years of relevant accounting experience, including public and private accounting
• Big 4 or other national public accounting firm experience preferred
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field; CPA preferred
• Experience managing a team and being a hands on manager during the close process
• Strong knowledge of accounting principles (US GAAP)
• NetSuite experience a plus
• Experience building and improving accounting process, controls and systems
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to communicate with professionals at all levels
• Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
What You Will Get
• The unique and exciting opportunity to work at one of the leading global entertainment and sports companies.
• Access to the tools, leadership, and resources you will need to create and drive a center of excellence.
• The opportunity to do the best work of your career.
• Work in an inclusive and diverse company culture
• Competitive benefits and programs to support your well-being.
UTA is one of the world's leading talent and entertainment companies. We help the world's most inspiring people make the world a more inspiring place. Many of our colleagues spend their careers here. It's one of the reasons UTA is considered among the entertainment industry's best places to work.