Executive, Music Brand Partnerships
United Talent AgencyNew York, NY
Full Time Job
UTA seeks a Music Brand Partnerships Executive to build and drive artist brand partnerships and businesses for UTA's leading roster of music artists. This includes but is not limited to driving incremental promotional and revenue opportunities through integrated marketing partnerships, product development, business development, endorsements, sponsorships, original IP, and more. The Music Brand Partnerships team is also an integral partner of signing artists, creating strategic alliances with brands and advertising communities, creating scalable brand and music programs, and always being at the forefront of culture and trends in the music brand business. The team also serves as the music division's cross-company liaison for all UTA brand teams. This role will be located in New York.
What You Will Do
• Responsible for a roster of artists and oversees all brand, agency, and music brand partnerships for that roster
• Lead and manage relationships across a roster of brands and agencies to sell opportunities across the entire UTA Music portfolio
• Accountable for achieving revenue and promotional goals set by Music Brand Partnerships team
• Serve as the expert and champion for UTA and its music clients across internal and external stakeholders
• Lead, manage and oversee all contract negotiations, deal flow management and campaign/activation executions for brand partnerships
• Prospect, cold call, qualify and develop relationships with brands and agencies as needed.
• Assist in client pursuits with the music team and across all internal divisions
• Serve as an expert and leader in the music brand partnerships space for internal and external stakeholders
• Impeccable sales and customer service skills and the ability to manage multiple accounts and projects at any given time
• Creative out of the box thinker with a business/marketing mindset who is always proactive and comes to the table with new ideas and new ways of thinking
• Passionate about music and creating best in class, innovate partnerships that are first of their kind
What You Will Need
• 10+ years of experience in strategic marketing, partner marketing, sales and business development, preferably in music. Ideal candidate will have prior talent agency experience and/or label experience in a similar role.
• Must have a deep rolodex and understanding of brands and agencies in the US
• Must have strong relationships across the various teams that work on artist partnerships including managers, lawyers, record label executives
• Track record of successfully closing new business and developing and maintaining client relationships
• Extensive experience in contract negotiations and marketing program development and execution
• Impeccable organizational and time management skills and strong attention to detail
• Superb written and verbal communications skills and an always can do attitude
• Ability to create impeccable marketing assets and presentations
• Rigorous analytical and quantitative skills
• Desire and capacity to operate in an incredibly face-paced, multifaceted, demanding environment
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint or Apple equivalent a must
• College degree strongly preferred with focus on music or marketing
• Bilingual in Spanish highly desired
What You Will Get
• Experience in music brand partnerships and music brand strategy at one of the biggest global talent and entertainment companies in the world.
• Access to the tools, leadership, and resources you will need to create and drive a center of excellence
• The opportunity to do the best work of your career
• Work in an inclusive and diverse company culture
• Competitive benefits and programs to support your well-being
UTA unites ideas, opportunities, and talent. The company represents some of the world's most iconic, barrier-breaking artists, creators and changemakers-from actors, athletes and musicians to writers, gamers and digital influencers. One of the most influential companies in global entertainment, UTA's business spans talent representation, content production, as well as strategic advisory and marketing work with some of the world's biggest brands. Affiliated companies include Digital Brand Architects, KLUTCH Sports Group, Curtis Brown Group, and MediaLink. UTA is headquartered in Los Angeles with offices in Atlanta, Chicago, Nashville, New York, and London.
UTA and its Affiliated Companies are Equal Employment Opportunity employers and welcome all job seekers including individuals with disabilities and veterans with disabilities.