United Talent AgencyLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
UTA is seeking to fill an Events Assistant position that is part of the company's Global Corporate Communications department. The ideal candidate will bring previous events experience. Required skills include excellent organizational capabilities and the ability to manage multiple projects at once and thrive in a project-heavy, fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate should also demonstrate a passion for the entertainment business and artists, high level attention to detail, a commitment to excellence, and the ability to navigate shifting situations and last-minute changes.
What You Will Do
• Serve as a representative and point of contact at events on-site, off-site and virtually.
• Must exhibit strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills and exude a positive attitude and demeanor especially when interfacing with internal and external guests which will include agency partners, high-profile clients, managers, publicists and other executives.
• Administrative duties include answering phones, heavy meeting and schedule coordination, heavy email correspondence, and some travel coordination.
• Maintain the master events and screening room calendar and actively communicate with the appropriate teams to constantly provide real time updates in relation to events and other bookings.
• Assist and collaborate with the Director of Events to maintain and track all event logistics including but not limited to: facilities, staffing, catering, valet, and outside vendor management.
• Assist in high volume execution of onsite, offsite and virtual events including but not limited to: scheduling and participating in event production meetings, drafting content for and coordinating approval of event invitations, drafting talking points/introductions, tracking RSVPs, gathering information for and drafting run of shows, compiling guest lists and talent face sheets, and checking in guests.
• Create, update, and maintain tastemaker, Academy and guild lists across all divisions.
• Track payments and invoices for vendors. Track overall budget on all onsite and offsite events.
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with all internal departments and key stakeholders.
• Assist with special projects, research new venues and vendors and compile vendor information as needed.
• Ability to adjust to working various longer hours over a consistent period to cover screenings, receptions, and on-site events.
What You Will Need
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent from an accredited university strongly preferred.
• 1+ years' experience in event production (particularly in a creative/entertainment industry)
• Strong Project Management skills
• Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint, InDesign, Photoshop, Keynote)
• General business knowledge, extensive knowledge on social media platforms, and interest in media and entertainment business
• Ability to be self-sufficient and make appropriate judgment calls on catering, décor, and general event needs.
What You Will Get
• The unique and exciting opportunity to work at one of the leading global entertainment companies.
• Access to the tools, leadership and resources you'll need to create and drive a center of excellence
• The opportunity to do the best work of your career
• Work out of an amazing office – that happens to house one of the top modern art collections in the world
• Competitive benefits and programs to support your well-being
UTA is one of the world's leading talent and entertainment companies. We help the world's most inspiring people make the world a more inspiring place. Many of our colleagues spend their careers here. It's one of the reasons UTA is considered among the entertainment industry's best places to work. UTA seeks the innovators, the entrepreneurs, the talented, the creative, the thoughtful. And, the passionate, who share our love for the work all of us are privileged to do.