Director, UX Design
United Talent AgencyRemote, NY
Full Time Job
Siberia is seeking a Design Director who will work closely with strategy, engineering and PM counterparts to pitch and lead teams and clients through projects ranging from design research and vision setting, to from-scratch production launches and everything in between.
We are looking for a versatile leader with a focused background in digital product and service design. Comfort leading branding, UI and graphic design work is expected, however craft expertise with experience strategy, UX research and design, and agile processes are required.
This position is equal parts hands-on and hands-off, as context switching from heads-down design work to co-creation with teams and clients will be the norm.
Developing elegant, strategic solutions to client business problems comes first, however we are equally interested in your ability to create and drive processes, meet deadlines, and play a critical role in a small agency environment. This means you'll touch everything from helping Siberia evolve culture, to building our brand as an outward-facing steward to developing key client relationships.
What You'll Do
• Partner with clients to understand their business and project objectives--and design, pitch and sell project solutions as part of the larger new business process.
• Partner with Product Management counterparts to create macro project schedules and detailed project and sprint plans, and advocate for design throughout the strategy and development process.
• Own the success of project design efforts and provide hands-on senior-level leadership to ensure smooth collaboration between strategy, engineering and client teams.
• Architect and conduct user research/testing sessions to validate design propositions.
• Ideate through sketches, fully-baked UX documentation and functional prototypes to demonstrate and validate product features.
• Partner with design leadership to create an engaged, enthusiastic Siberia design team culture; developing standards and practices, team planning and mentorship of both full-time and freelance designers.
What You'll Need
• 7+ years experience of delivering world-class digital products and services for high-profile clients on time and on budget, we are seeking candidates who align with Siberia's values and ways of working.
• Time spent inside a small, design-driven agency along with links to live work created during this time.
• Positive leadership and a cultural standard setter.
• Ability to estimate design effort against loose requirements or early-stage briefs.
• Experience working within a range of process methodologies including agile, fixed-scope/waterfall, and both formal and thorough, and lean and scrappy approaches to research and ideation.
• A passion for applying strategy, design and technology to help businesses change the way they interact with customers, each other and the world.
• Comfort with ambiguity and ability to ''embrace the chaos'', a core Siberia value.
• A proactive project leader who can simultaneously motivate and champion, hold teams and clients accountable and mitigate risk.
• Someone with a level head who enjoys working with smart people and thinks all of this sounds like fun.
Siberia, A UTA company, is a product design and engineering studio that creates and evolves products, brands, and businesses.