Director, Tour Marketing
United Talent AgencyLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
United Talent Agency is seeking an experienced, Director of Tour Marketing to support a fast-paced Comedy Department. The Director of Tour Marketing will report directly to the Head of Comedy Touring based in LA. You will be responsible for creating marketing plans including advertising, promotions, publicity, social media and media buying for tours involving UTA Clients. You are responsible for domestic and international tour marketing and will also need to be responsible for the determination and management of the marketing budget for each tour/show.
What You'll Do
• Create marketing plans including advertising, promotions, publicity, social media and media buying for tours involving UTA Clients
• Be responsible for domestic and international tour marketing
• Determine and manage the marketing budget for each tour/show
• Work with clients, managers, social media teams, publicists and others to oversee the execution of tour launches including timelines, deliverables, strategy and marketing plans
• Act as the liaison between client teams and promoters/venues
What You'll Need
• 5 years of progressive marketing experience in the entertainment industry – Comedy live touring is preferred
• Must be a passionate comedy fan with broad knowledge of current and emerging talent
• Ability to work and communicate professionally, verbally, and in written form with internal and external customers
• Demonstrated proficiency in ticketing elements such as analyzing audits, zip reports and maps necessary for gauging price resistance, formulating offers, identifying any specific geographic focus for marketing dollars, etc.
• Demonstrated customer service excellence.
• Proficiency with the latest marketing tools and best practices across a wide range of new + traditional media, social + digital strategy, emerging platforms, etc.
• Creative thinker with thorough knowledge of how to analyze cross-platform data and insights to inform marketing strategy
• Self-starter; able to learn new functions quickly and accurately; anticipate departmental needs and take proactive steps to follow through with proposed solutions or alternatives
• Remain calm under pressure and work well with various personality types
• Extremely detail-oriented, organized and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to meet deadlines and adjust to changing priorities
• Outstanding interpersonal skills: must display patience and be focused on customer service and satisfaction
What You'll Get
• The unique and exciting opportunity to work at one of the leading global entertainment companies
• Access to the tools, leadership, and resources you will need to create and drive a center of excellence
• The opportunity to do the best work of your career
• Work in an inclusive and diverse company culture
• Competitive benefits and programs to support your well-being
UTA unites ideas, opportunities and talent. The company represents some of the world's most iconic, barrier-breaking artists, creators and changemakers-from actors, athletes and musicians to writers, gamers and digital influencers. One of the most influential companies in global entertainment, UTA's business spans talent representation, content production, as well as strategic advisory and marketing work with some of the world's biggest brands. Affiliated companies include Digital Brand Architects, KLUTCH Sports Group, Curtis Brown Group, and MediaLink. UTA is headquartered in Los Angeles with offices in Atlanta, Chicago, Nashville, New York and London.
United Talent Agency is a leading global talent and entertainment company representing many of the most acclaimed figures in film, television, music, gaming, esports, digital talent, and more.