Director, Financial Planning and Analysis
United Talent AgencyLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 3/24/2021 11:19:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Agency/Management Category
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the MBAs Category
Search for Director, Financial Planning and Analysis jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Director, Financial Planning and Analysis postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Director, Financial Planning and Analysis? United Talent Agency seeks an experienced Director to be a key member of its Financial Planning and Analysis (''FP&A'') team. Reporting to the Head of FP&A, the Director will be responsible for performing critical analysis of revenues, operating expenses, capital spending and balance sheet accounts to provide insights into business performance and trends and support strategic decision-making. This person will play a central role in UTA's annual budget process and ongoing financial forecasts, which will require working closely with department heads across the agency. Additionally, this person will drive regular financial reporting to UTA's Board of Directors, senior management, and bank group and will perform ad-hoc analysis and projects as needed.
The ideal candidate will be a motivated, seasoned executive with a demonstrated track record of financial planning, budget management, and performance improvement through robust financial analysis. This position offers significant growth potential with the candidate having the potential to take over day-to-day management of the UTA FP&A function over the next 2-3 years. This position is based in Los Angeles.
What You Will Do
• Play a critical role in the construction of UTA's annual budget and ongoing financial forecasts
• Prepare monthly departmental reporting that enables business leaders across UTA to analyze performance relative to budget and prior periods
• Manage the development, preparation, and review of consolidated financial reporting to investors, the Board of Directors and senior management, with a particular focus on variance analysis
• Perform ad-hoc analyses and lead financial projects that address key strategic issues at the Company
• Establish cross-functional partnerships and collaborate with department heads across the organization
• Communicate regularly with senior management, both in writing and verbally, to share information on financial and operational performance as well as key business trends
• Work closely with the corporate accounting team to ensure accuracy and timeliness of financial reporting
• Develop and deploy Business Intelligence tools to support ongoing analysis
• Ensure accuracy of financial models and develop new methods to improve the team's forecasting ability
• Assist with merger integration projects, as needed
What You Will Need
• 5+ years of experience operating in a similar role, preferably within a large, global organization
• Bachelor's degree desired with MBA strongly preferred
• Previous experience with budgeting, forecasting, analysis and financial modeling/reporting
• Prior investment banking or private equity experience is a huge plus
• Ability to analyze large amounts of financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections
• Effective at presenting information and responding to questions from management
• Financial management experience with ability to establish policies and procedures to support the organization
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
• Experience using and managing accounting and budget/planning systems (NetSuite) preferred
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Prior experience within the Entertainment industry a plus
• Excellent communication skills; must be able to prepare high-quality presentation materials and explain complicated financial details and concepts
• Strong interpersonal skills; must be able to work closely with leaders across all UTA departments
• Strong leadership skills and demonstrated managerial capabilities
• Highly organized with strong attention to detail
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
What You Will Get
• The unique and exciting opportunity to work at one of the leading global entertainment companies.
• Access to the tools, leadership, and resources you will need to create and drive a center of excellence.
• The opportunity to do the best work of your career.
• Work in an inclusive and diverse company culture
• Competitive benefits and programs to support your well-being.
UTA is one of the world's leading talent and entertainment companies. We help the world's most inspiring people make the world a more inspiring place. Many of our colleagues spend their careers here. It's one of the reasons UTA is considered among the entertainment industry's best places to work.
At UTA, the belief in the client relationship is paramount and marked by respect, a sense of stewardship, and a commitment to an artist's entire creative life. Our commitment to every employee is the same.
UTA and its Affiliated Companies are Equal Employment Opportunity employers and welcome all job seekers including individuals with disabilities and veterans with disabilities. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.