Client Services Accounting Assistant
United Talent AgencyLondon, US
Full Time Job
Based in our London office, UTA is seeking a Client Services Accounting Assistant in the UK Music department. This person would work on a team and report into the Controller. Each member in the Accounting Client Services team is allocated a portfolio of Agents to be responsible for and the roster of Artists they represent.
What You Will Do
• Chase deposits as they fall due and flag any overdue deposits to Agent and Assistant (via U-Tour), ensuring all paperwork – invoices, tax forms are available to be sent to promoters. Also ensure that any other buyouts are correctly noted and chased at the same time.
• Chase Balances and final show settlements from promoters as applicable and enter Finals in U-Tour noting any overages, backouts, withholding taxes, bank charges.
• Prepare Draft Artist statement in NetSuite and adjust for any 3rd party payments made on behalf of Artist and send the draft statement to Agents to review / approve.
• Once approved, finalise the statement by making any currency conversions by accessing the bank's online trading platform – CashPro FX
• Present the final statement to operating accounting department to initiate payment and once paid send the statement to the Artist manager or Agent as indicated.
• Research, track and resolve accounting and documentation problems and discrepancies such as unclaimed deposits, outstanding Tax Certificates and any other items.
• Prepare weekly outstanding deposit list sent to CFO and ACS Supervisor for review along with comments on late collection.
What You Will Need
• Ability to work both independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high- volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
• Ability to interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner
• Proficient in Excel and Outlook. Concur and Netsuite experience a plus
What You Will Get
• The unique and exciting opportunity to work at one of the leading global entertainment companies
• Access to the tools, leadership, and resources you will need to create and drive a center of excellence
• The opportunity to do the best work of your career
• Work in an inclusive and diverse company culture
• Competitive benefits and programs to support your well-being
Please see our Applicant Privacy Notice which explains why and how we use the personal information you provide to us when applying for a role, and the rights you have over that information.
About the Company
One of the biggest talent agencies in the world, United Talent Agency represents many of the world's most acclaimed figures in every current and emerging area of entertainment and media, including motion pictures, music, television, digital, broadcast news, books, theater, video games, fine art, and live entertainment.