Assistant, Business Affairs - News, Broadcasting & Theatre
United Talent AgencyNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 3/7/2023 10:19:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Agency/Management Category
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Search for Assistant, Business Affairs - News, Broadcasting & Theatre jobs in New York-NY
Search all Assistant, Business Affairs - News, Broadcasting & Theatre postings
Full Time Job
UTA is seeking a Business Affairs Assistant, News, Broadcast and Theatre in our New York office to provide comprehensive administrative support to two Business Affairs Executives. The Business Affairs Assistant, News, Broadcasting and Theatre will handle a variety of administrative duties, will be integral to the contract administration process, and will support two Executives. Qualified candidates must have precise, detailed-oriented organizational skills, as well as excellent communication and writing abilities. Candidates must have the ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, experience in handling heavy phone volume and scheduling, and an interest in the news industry.
This is a full-time position with benefits and will pay $25.00 per hour.
What You Will Do
• Phone management – answer and transfer calls, schedule & coordinate conference calls (including multi-party, multi-time zone conf calls)
• Calendar management – daily calendar management; update, cancel and confirm meetings. Scheduling and coordinate meetings, both in-office and offsite.
• Manage the contract administration process, including tracking of contracts and processing contracts
• Execute special projects and research, including, without limitation, industry legal trends, rights analysis, guild issues, etc.
• Able to read and understand basic contract language (e.g., the ability to pull a talent agreement and find what living allowance they are entitled to receive)
• Research existing agreement(s) database to find previous relevant agreements to serve as precedents/templates to aid Business Affairs executives in reviewing new deals.
• Assist in proofing legal documents and correspondence.
• Drafting, negotiating, and tracking play license agreements.
• Opportunity to review and negotiate playwright, director, designer, and actor agreements under the supervision of the Executive.
• Exact scope of work will depend on the candidate's demonstrated capabilities.
What You Will Need
• JD degree
• Active New York Bar license or other state preferred
• Ability to liaise with key senior-level executives
• Able to review and understand contracts
• Ability to liaise with internal staff at all levels and external clients & partners
• Capable of managing several projects simultaneously with minimal supervision
• Previous experience within a law firm, studio, or network a plus
• Highly professional with excellent judgment
• Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
• Ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
• Can-do, positive attitude and willing to ''go the extra mile''
• Critical attention to detail and highly organized
• General business knowledge and interest in the News and Broadcasting and Theatre business
• Strong proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe, Outlook, Word, & Internet research
What You Will Get
• The unique and exciting opportunity to work at one of the leading global entertainment companies
• Access to the tools, leadership, and resources you will need to create and drive a center of excellence
• The opportunity to do the best work of your career
• Work in an inclusive and diverse company culture
• Competitive benefits and programs to support your well-being
UTA unites ideas, opportunities and talent. The company represents some of the world's most iconic, barrier-breaking artists, creators and changemakers-from actors, athletes and musicians to writers, gamers and digital influencers. One of the most influential companies in global entertainment, UTA's business spans talent representation, content production, as well as strategic advisory and marketing work with some of the world's biggest brands. Affiliated companies include Digital Brand Architects, KLUTCH Sports Group, Curtis Brown Group, and MediaLink. UTA is headquartered in Los Angeles with offices in Atlanta, Chicago, Nashville, New York and London.
For more information: https://www.unitedtalent.com/about/
UTA and its Affiliated Companies are Equal Employment Opportunity employers and welcome all job seekers including individuals with disabilities and veterans with disabilities.