Assistant, Business Affairs - TV
United Talent AgencyNew York, NY
Full Time Job
UTA is seeking a Business Affairs Assistant in our New York office to provide comprehensive administrative support to two Business Affairs Executives. The Business Affairs Assistant will handle a variety of administrative duties, will be integral to the contract administration process, and will support two Executives. Qualified candidates must have precise, detailed-oriented organizational skills, as well as excellent communication and writing abilities. Candidates must have the ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, experience in handling heavy phone volume and scheduling, and an interest in the news industry.
What You Will Do
• Phone management – answer and transfer calls, schedule & coordinate conference calls (including multi-party, multi-time zone conf calls)
• Calendar management – daily calendar management; update, cancel and confirm meetings. Scheduling and coordinate meetings, both in-office and offsite.
• Expense reports - Prepare monthly reports for review & submit to accounting for approval in Concur
• Manage the contract administration process, including tracking of contracts and processing contracts
• Maintain status chart of active projects agreements in business affairs (agreement in for review, out for signature, fully-executed etc.)
• Research existing agreement database to find previous agreements relevant as precedents/templates in order to aid Business Affairs executives in drafting new deals
• Set up initial drafts of agreements by incorporating new deal info into existing templates
What You Will Need
• Minimum 2+ years administrative experience, preferably at a law firm, studio or network
• Bachelor's degree strongly preferred
• Ability to liaise with key senior-level executives
• Ability to liaise with internal staff at all levels and external clients & executives
• Capable of managing several projects simultaneously with minimal supervision
• Highly professional with excellent judgment
• Excellent communication skills and organizational skills
• Ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
• Can-do, positive attitude and willing to ''go the extra mile''
• Critical attention to detail and highly organized
• General business knowledge and interest in the News and Broadcasting business
• Strong proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe, Outlook, Word, & Internet research
What You Will Get
• The unique and exciting opportunity to work at one of the leading global entertainment companies
• Access to the tools, leadership, and resources you will need to create and drive a center of excellence
• The opportunity to do the best work of your career
• Work in an inclusive and diverse company culture
• Competitive benefits and programs to support your well-being
UTA is one of the world's leading talent and entertainment companies. We help the world's most inspiring people make the world a more inspiring place. Many of our colleagues spend their careers here. It's one of the reasons UTA is considered among the entertainment industry's best places to work.
At UTA, the belief in the client relationship is paramount and marked by respect, a sense of stewardship, and a commitment to an artist's entire creative life. Our commitment to every employee is the same. For more information: https://www.unitedtalent.com/about/
UTA and its Affiliated Companies are Equal Employment Opportunity employers and welcome all job seekers including individuals with disabilities and veterans with disabilities.