Assistant, Business Affairs - News & Broadcasting
United Talent AgencyNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 6/14/2021 12:19:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Agency/Management Category
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Search for Assistant, Business Affairs - News & Broadcasting jobs in New York-NY
Search all Assistant, Business Affairs - News & Broadcasting postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Assistant, Business Affairs - News & Broadcasting?
Full Time Job
United Talent Agency is seeking an assistant in News Business Affairs in our New York office. Qualified candidates must have precise, detailed-oriented organizational skills, as well as excellent communication and writing abilities. Candidates must have the ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, experience in handling heavy phone volume and scheduling, and an understanding of the entertainment industry.
What You Will Do
• Phone management – answer and transfer calls, schedule & coordinate conference calls (including multi-party, multi-time zone conf calls)
• Calendar management – daily calendar management; update, cancel and confirm meetings. Scheduling and coordinate meetings, both in-office and offsite.
• Preparing and drafting contracts and correspondence
• Expense reports - Prepare monthly reports for review & submit to accounting for approval
• Filing and managing all client/project files to make sure all folders are up to date
What You Will Need
• JD degree
• Active New York Bar license or other state preferred
• Ability to liaise with key senior-level executives
• Able to review and understand contracts
• Ability to liaise with internal staff at all levels and external clients & partners
• Capable of managing several projects simultaneously with minimal supervision
• Previous experience within a law firm, studio, or network a plus
• Highly professional with excellent judgment
• Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
• Ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
• Can-do, positive attitude and willing to ''go the extra mile''
• Critical attention to detail and highly organized
• General business knowledge and interest in the television business
• Strong proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe, Outlook, Word, & Internet research
What You Will Get
• The unique and exciting opportunity to work at one of the leading global entertainment companies
• Access to the tools, leadership, and resources you will need to create and drive a center of excellence
• The opportunity to do the best work of your career
• Work in an inclusive and diverse company culture
• Competitive benefits and programs to support your well-being
UTA is one of the world's leading talent and entertainment companies. We help the world's most inspiring people make the world a more inspiring place. Many of our colleagues spend their careers here. It's one of the reasons UTA is considered among the entertainment industry's best places to work.
At UTA, the belief in the client relationship is paramount and marked by respect, a sense of stewardship, and a commitment to an artist's entire creative life. Our commitment to every employee is the same.
For more information: https://www.unitedtalent.com/about/
UTA and its Affiliated Companies are Equal Employment Opportunity employers and welcome all job seekers including individuals with disabilities and veterans with disabilities.