Manager, Entertainment & Sports Partnerships
UNICEF USANew York, NY
Full Time Job
Manager, Entertainment & Sports Partnerships
Location: New York, NY
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
UNICEF works in some of the world's toughest places, to reach the world's most disadvantaged children.
The fundamental mission of UNICEF is to promote the rights of every child, everywhere, in everything the organization does - in programs, in advocacy, and in operations. The past two decades have seen important progress on child rights, yet while much has been achieved, sharp disparities remain. In most countries, inequality is higher today than a generation ago, including in middle-income countries where most of the world's poor children now live. The rapid pace of urbanization and the growing youth bulge in Africa and parts of Asia will require significant expansion of the provision of essential services for children. These challenges are compounded by the scale and complexity of crises triggered by conflict, natural disasters, or epidemics. The global community faces these challenges when the political and economic environments pose challenges of their own, testing the world's commitment to protecting the most vulnerable. In this environment, the strong and consistent leadership of UNICEF is critical to enable the achievement of results for children.
UNICEF USA (UUSA) is a private, independent, U.S. nonprofit that rallies the American public to support the world's most vulnerable children through the unmatched reach of UNICEF. Headquartered in New York City, UUSA has some 300 employees distributed across nine regional offices in the U.S. To fuel UNICEF's life-saving work across the globe, UUSA raises nearly $600 million dollars from private sources every year and marshals its supporters to advocate for over $800 million in annual US government support. UUSA has built abroad - based movement to advocate for the well-being and protection of children globally.
Position: Manager, Entertainment & Sports Partnerships
Location: New York, NY (Remote)
FLSA Status: Exempt
Salary: NYC's minimum salary for this position is $64,000. This may be adjusted to reflect the cost of labor of a candidate's work location, if outside of NYC.
The Entertainment & Sports Partnerships team is seeking a dynamic and creative Manager to support UNICEF USA's mission to relentlessly pursue an equitable world for every child. Reporting to the Assistant Director of Entertainment & Sports Partnerships, the Manager will assume oversight and responsibility for the management and implementation of influencer and celebrity engagement and strategy on behalf of UNICEF USA. The Manager will ensure strategic coordination of influencers, media, and relevant partners on behalf of UUSA. This includes but is not limited to social media efforts, earned media, program visits, and overall growth of the relationship between said influencer and UUSA.
Key Responsibilities/Outcomes (include but are not limited to):
• Manage relationships with UNICEF USA Ambassadors and Supporters. Including, but not limited to, updating high profile individuals and their teams on UUSA calendar and campaigns, proactively thinking about engagement opportunities that fit into their professional calendar, and facilitating media requests as appropriate
• Work with Assistant Director, Entertainment and Sports Partnerships to help develop and execute influencer communication strategies and plans that drive earned awareness and engagement, ensuring messaging is compelling, consistent, relevant, and in line with the UNICEF USA brand
• Cultivate, manage, and grow high profile individual portfolio by actively prospecting new individuals as well as relationships with agencies, studios, labels, and teams
• Cover high profile individuals during engagements including, but not limited to, press opportunities, events, and campaigns
• Create and execute communication plans surrounding UNICEF USA's work with high profile individuals to national and regional broadcast, radio, print, and online media
• Lead publicity efforts around UNICEF USA's national fundraising events
• Work closely with other departments and UNICEF staff to ensure successful implementation of MarComms goals and objectives
• Bachelor's degree with a minimum of five years of experience in entertainment and public relations
• Possess superior written and verbal skills, attention to detail, and exceptional organizational skills
• Proven track record of securing national lifestyle and entertainment media
• Experience managing relationships with high profile individuals, publicists, managers, and agents
• Experience working with multiple stakeholders on projects and campaigns
• Ability to be nimble in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines
• Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule that includes some weekend and evening commitments, as well as business-related travel both nationally and internationally
• Ability to distill and present complex information to be clear, concise, and engaging
• Understand the importance of teamwork, collaboration, and demonstrate genuine willingness to help others
• Demonstrate a passion for helping children around the world
• Exercise creativity, strategic thinking, determination to drive UNICEF's mission forward
• Practice good judgment and sensitivity in all communications and conversations
• Must demonstrate UNICEF USA Core Values: Trust, Respect, Accountability, Innovation, Teamwork, and Service
Must possess current and valid US Work Authorization and be eligible to work for any US employer without sponsorship.
Salary is commensurate with experience. In addition, UNICEF USA offers a comprehensive benefits package.
UNICEF USA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online