Associate, Entertainment And Sports
UNICEF USANew York, NY
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Associate, Entertainment And Sports jobs in New York-NY
UNICEF works in some of the world's toughest places, to reach the world's most disadvantaged children.
The fundamental mission of UNICEF is to promote the rights of every child, everywhere, in everything the organization does - in programs, in advocacy, and in operations. The past two decades have seen important progress on child rights, yet while much has been achieved, sharp disparities remain. In most countries, inequality is higher today than a generation ago, including in middle-income countries where most of the world's poor children now live. The rapid pace of urbanization and the growing youth bulge in Africa and parts of Asia will require significant expansion of the provision of essential services for children. These challenges are compounded by the scale and complexity of crises triggered by conflict, natural disasters, or epidemics. The global community faces these challenges when the political and economic environments pose challenges of their own, testing the world's commitment to protecting the most vulnerable. In this environment, the strong and consistent leadership of UNICEF is critical to enable the achievement of results for children.
UNICEF USA (UUSA) is a private, independent, U.S. nonprofit that rallies the American public to support the world's most vulnerable children through the unmatched reach of UNICEF. Headquartered in New York City, UUSA has some 300 employees distributed across nine regional offices in the U.S. To fuel UNICEF's life-saving work across the globe, UUSA raises nearly $600 million dollars from private sources every year and marshals its supporters to advocate for over $800 million in annual US government support. UUSA has built abroad - based movement to advocate for the well-being and protection of children globally.
Position: Associate, Entertainment & Sports Partnerships
Location: New York, NY
FLSA Status: Exempt
Salary: NYC's minimum salary for this position is $44,000. This may be adjusted to reflect the cost of labor of a candidate's work location, if outside of NYC.
The Entertainment & Sports Partnerships team is seeking a dynamic and creative Associate to support UNICEF USA's mission to relentlessly pursue an equitable world for every child. Reporting to the Assistant Director of Entertainment & Sports Partnerships, the Associate will be responsible for supporting the organization's work with high-profile individuals including celebrities, athletes, and digital influencers.
Key Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
• Support all individual relationships with UNICEF USA Ambassadors and Supporters by creatively thinking about ways to engage them with UUSA, liaising with their teams, and project managing their engagements
• Lead on key tactical elements of these relationships including, but not limited to, creating fundraising platforms, unique trackable links for their activations, and social media packages
• Vet incoming requests from high profile individuals for brand affinity and lead research for all proactive outreach
• Cover high profile individuals during engagements including, but not limited to, press opportunities, events, and campaigns
• Lead coordination of logistics, travel, and other details related to influencer activations and program visits. This includes, but is not limited to, liaising with talent management, booking travel, and preparing briefing packets, schedules/itineraries, run-of-shows, talking points, and social media guides
• Build and update press lists
• Draft, edit and distribute press releases around Ambassador announcements, program visits, and other high-profile engagements
• Develop talking points for interviews, events, and other engagement opportunities
• Support national and regional UUSA fundraising events by creating briefing documents, managing press and talent requests, and staffing as appropriate
• Track and update publicity efforts for the Entertainment and Sports Partnerships team
Special Projects (10%)
• Vet potential projects and partnerships for brand affinity
• Lead introductory conversations to understand the objectives and potential return of incoming project requests
• Help coordinate all internal and external resources to ensure projects are effectively executed and objectives are achieved
• Update and support data/logistics tied to individual relationships including tracking tools, donation management, etc.
• Gather and analyze data and industry trends and areas of interest across sports, media, and entertainment
• Assist in meetings and liaising with sports & entertainment partners, with UNICEF international colleagues, and internally across UNICEF USA departments; prepare for external calls and meetings, including preparing agendas and documenting next steps/action points
• Liaise with internal parties to project manage the development of presentations, summary documents, case studies, proposals, pitch decks, contracts, reports, and communications content; adapt these to suit the needs of the intended audiences
Knowledge and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 2-3 years of experience in entertainment and public relations
• Experience with partnership, event, or campaign management
• Experience working with a portfolio of celebrities or athletes
• Proven track record with building strong relationships with internal and external partners including, but limited to, executives, media and high profile teams
Skills and Abilities:
• Possess exceptional written and verbal skills, attention to detail, and exceptional organizational skills
• Ability to distill and present complex information to be clear, concise, and engaging
• Understand the importance of teamwork, collaboration, and demonstrate genuine willingness to help others
• Demonstrate a passion for helping children around the world
• Exercise creativity, strategic thinking, determination to drive UNICEF's mission forward
• Practice good judgment and sensitivity in all communications and conversations
• Must demonstrate UNICEF USA Core Values: Trust, Respect, Accountability, Innovation, Teamwork, and Service