Staff Software Engineer
UCLALos Angeles, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for Staff Software Engineer jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Staff Software Engineer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Staff Software Engineer? Job Summary
The Programmer/Analyst will work as a Staff Software Engineer and participate in a joint venture for UCLA Anderson School of Management and the Center for Research in Engineering, Media and Performance (REMAP). Their main duties will be to develop and support components within advanced media applications, including extended reality applications, under a five months contract with the possibility of renewal. Under the supervision of the PI / Director of REMAP and in collaboration with researchers and graduate students, the engineer will develop, implement and maintain components of advanced media applications for the Scalable Immersive Learning in Extended Reality project, as well as operating continuous integration for the whole project. The position will focus on the creation of a working software prototype that is used by collaborators and the public. As such, the engineer will work in a collaborative, distributed, fast-paced research setting with dual goals: (1) implementing and supporting working prototypes and (2) incorporating the latest research results from other teams in the form of plug-ins (libraries) and code segments.
• Ability to develop, implement, integrate, test, and debug software applications in a mixed MacOS X and Windows environment.
• Knowledge of and demonstrated experience with Unreal Engine, Unreal Build system, Blueprint and C++ programming, Unreal UI systems, source control, and practical understanding of relevant linear algebra and typical 3D rendering pipelines. Ability to learn new languages and libraries as required.
• Experience with deploying custom in-house software in a production environment, ideally including continuous integration.
• Practical experience developing and debugging applications for VR and/or AR platforms.
• Experience in collaborative, multidisciplinary development processes and/or software support in research environments.
• Critical, self-motivated thinker with strong analytical abilities.
• Ability to articulate on a one-to-one basis using appropriate vocabulary and grammar to impart and obtain information.
• Ability to work independently and follow through on assignments with minimal direction.
• Skill in interacting with persons of various social, cultural, economic, and educational backgrounds.
• Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with administrators, faculty, students and staff.
• Bachelors Degree or equivalent combination of education and professional experience is required for this position.
• Experience in conceiving and developing advanced media applications (e.g., augmented reality, real-time streaming)
• Masters degree is preferred.
• Knowledge of shader programming languages (GLSL, etc.), demonstrated experience writing shader programs.
• Demonstrated writing skills to complete concise, effective and grammatically correct business correspondence, reports, and proposals.
Hrs: 8:00am - 5:00pm PST